1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Renovation Realities - show on DIY Network

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by oldstick, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jan 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    oldstick

oldstick [OP] Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    Ever watch that show? I was home sick and bored a few weeks ago and somehow got hooked watching a string of these in a marathon.

I am certainly no master craftsmen but unbelievable what some folks do. Evidently they just film someone remodling part of their house and don't give them any help or tips, just film the process and the drama. (it is usually some couple doing the work alone so they fist fight through the whole project).

One couple was redoing the kitchen and all that was really needed IMO was new flooring. But they insisted everything had to go, cabinets sheetrock, 4 year old but wrong color appliances, everything. I would have taken the cabinets because they were pretty nice but she was set on removing and donating them to goodwill. The guy pulls out an open end wrench and starts working on the hex-head lag screws. So it takes him 30 minutes to get one screw, they get frustrated and demolish the cabinets instead with a sledge hammer.

And yes, the new counters might have been nice but the new cabinets looked like a downgrade from the original to me.

2. Jan 16, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That show is retarded

3. Jan 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    taco47001

taco47001 Newborn

Member:
    Aurora, IN
    Vehicle:
    LX470
    LMFAO

4. Jan 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm serious

I'm not sure to what degree it's staged but I watched a guy trying to cut a block wall with one of those chainsaw masonary saws , he had never used one before and was standing on the top of a step ladder cutting above his head with the saw , he caught the 6x6 angle iron that was supporting the window opening and it yanked the angle right out of the wall hitting him and sending him flying off the ladder , saw still running

Products Discussed in

To Top