Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

What Chainsaw do you run?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
AgMechTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What Chainsaw do you run?

Alright everybody. I want to see what kind of chainsaw everybody uses. Whether its for your job, home use...etc. What mods are you running, like porting or anything. Let's see 'em.

I have an Echo CS 370. I would post a pic, but I'm at school in another city right now. I opened up the muffler on it and did some carb work. Runs pretty good.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i like Husqvarna myself
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Stihl man myself
Old 02-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Stihl 361. It's a beast
Old 02-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
seabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shedseabeau is one of the sharper tools in the shed
seabeau's Tacoma Gallery
Stihll Farm Boss and and old Pioneer that I can't find parts for anymore!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
09Silver is on a distinguished road
09Silver's Tacoma Gallery
For all the firewood and hedge row trimming I do for people, I use a husqvarna XD or any stihl works as well. The husqvarna XD is great, any other husqvarna line is junk.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Homelite Super 2 with 14 and 16 inch bars that I inherited from my old man. Had to rebuild the carb after I got it and now it runs a little better but can still be pretty cranky sometimes. Pretty sure he bought it new in the late 70's or early 80's. Really just used for cutting up firewood.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
i'm running a stihl MS290 with a 20 inch upgraded bar and a stihl MS250 that i use for trimming branches.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #9
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Stihl MS 460.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #10
KingDavey is on a distinguished road

Name: Think about it...
KingDavey's Tacoma Gallery
Jonsered CS2260 and a Mastermind Worksaws ported Jonsered CS2253c Both are autotune and rip through wood!!

http://youtu.be/iebah04lJzQ
Old 02-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #13
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
I like my little Echo with a 16" bar. Cuts the little trees up fine. Sharp chain is paramount with all chainsaws. When I was cutting lagging boards when I was piledriving decades ago, we used Stihl saws with a 36" bar. Those where animals.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:07 AM   #14
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Husqvarna and Shindawa-both 20 inch blades--sharp chain is PARAMOUNT.
Use REAL GASOLINE when mixing fuel--ethanol is BAD for two strokes.
I used to use my dads Homlite XL--it was 40 years old and time for its life to end-they were made of METAL back then.
home use--about 5 cords yearly for home and family.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 AM   #15
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Echo 16 inch here , not the best but does the job , Stihl is probably gonna be my next upgrade
Old 02-05-2014, 05:18 AM   #16
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Stihl MS 260 w/16" bar.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Stihl 029
Old 02-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my Echo kicks ass. i think it is a CS340?

we have an annual tree clearing party. my echo, by far is the easiest to get started and warm up. my buds' husky and stihls seem more finicky. dunno. i am pretty anal, and keep plugs and stuff clean.

i have a 16" bar and i run Stihl chains. keep the chains sharp and most saws perform the same. mine is light for sure.

if i had to note a "con". i think both Stihls and Husky have better bar oiling systems. neater. less stuff drips out the bottom of them. mine can get messy.

i just do yard work with mine..and cut firewood at deer camp usually. i dont need a high $$ saw. IIRC an echo is half the cost of a stihl.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Husky 455, Stihl 460, and the GF's 245 Husky.