Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Socket organizer

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
Square is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to behold
Army: Spc. Artillery. 1-84FA & 3-82FA
Name: Brian
Square's Tacoma Gallery
Socket organizer

So, I stumbled across a company the other week called Westling Machine while looking for a way to organize my sockets. The Hansons trays are too tall and the metal strips are a PITA IMO. Westling has socket trays for 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" sockets, and really aren't that expensive for anodized machined aluminum plates. I ordered up the Metric and SAE sized 1/4" trays with size engravings on them (you can order them blank to put other things like Torx bits on them) just to try them out. I was concerned about the tiny little peg not being able to secure the deep well sockets when moved around.

I got the two trays within 4 days and was instantly impressed. After I mounted all my sockets, I tried shaking the little buggers off to no avail. I ordered the plates for 3/8" sockets Thursday night and got them this evening. More than pleased with them.

I need more space. And more sockets... (my ratchets are hiding under the torque wrenches and none of my impacts are in my box)

Wanted to show just how well they hold the sockets.

Just wanted to share a cool product that is also made in America.

EDIT: Link to the website; http://westlingmachine.com/ToolHolders.html
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Magnetic, or they just hold really well?

I'd like something to replace the plastic trays in my box in my truck.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
Square is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to behold
Square's Tacoma Gallery
Just hold well. They'd fall out if tipped much more than that picture.

Just found this on YouTube. (This is NOT me. I don't have a littthp).
http://youtu.be/EAFgpMQxFnQ
Old 03-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
speedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of light
speedjunkie13's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using the plastic hanson style for quite a few years and love them. I will say those look very nice though, and will obviously last forever. The price really isn't too bad for what it is. thanks for sharing.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #6
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Those are cool OP , I've had good luck with this style

http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/p...=1&category=16
this is what im looking into, my draws are not deep enough for upright sockets
Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
BiggsFX is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
BiggsFX's Tacoma Gallery
Those look really nice.. but pricey. I've been using the socket trays from Harbor freight and am happy with them
Old 08-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
ZeroFMN.com
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tamer
tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Been looking for something like this, thanks. What's the cost?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #9
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Those are cool OP , I've had good luck with this style

http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/p...=1&category=16
i have this style and love them!! the are held by magnets, and the strip on the back will hold the whole set to things. say you are under the truck you could stick it to the side of the frame and they would stay. I will stick it to the top of the frames of dirt bikes.(under the seat and above the air box. they wont fall off or roll away, when switching out different sizes.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
Square's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamer View Post
Been looking for something like this, thanks. What's the cost?
Sorry, can't believe I forgot to include a link to the site. Here ya go.

http://westlingmachine.com/ToolHolders.html

It just depends on what you get from them.

Products Discussed in this Thread