Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Sliders!

Old 05-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #21
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
to the OP I stated that I used Galvanized water pipe, If you go to Lowe's they carry Southland Pipe & Company piping rating ASTM A-53 sold as generic GAL water pipe. "ASTM A53 is a carbon steel alloy, used for structural steel pipe. The alloy specifications are set by ASTM International, in specification ASTM A53/A53M. A53 pipe is suitable for structural or pressure applications".... I've done the homework.... However like I posted I did mount them to the cab mounts. I live in Florida not the MOAB they will do everything I need them to do and more. I butted the baset pipe to the stock lift point. Im so certain they will hold the truck up that I have Hi-Lifted the truck via the pipe... Is the frame a better spot? yes... but it will suffice for my needs! best of luck to you!
Florida or not you do not have sliders on your truck the cab is not designed to support the truck not sure why you think you have a lift point on your cab you don't. The first thing you hit with those they are going to cave in 1" pipe will never hold up as sliders even if they were welded to the frame.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #22
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I wanna see pics of the truck lifted on those things

hope he has good health and life insurance.

I'd trust my stock Toyota tube steps more
Old 05-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
to the OP I stated that I used Galvanized water pipe, If you go to Lowe's they carry Southland Pipe & Company piping rating ASTM A-53 sold as generic GAL water pipe. "ASTM A53 is a carbon steel alloy, used for structural steel pipe. The alloy specifications are set by ASTM International, in specification ASTM A53/A53M. A53 pipe is suitable for structural or pressure applications".... I've done the homework.... However like I posted I did mount them to the cab mounts. I live in Florida not the MOAB they will do everything I need them to do and more. I butted the baset pipe to the stock lift point. Im so certain they will hold the truck up that I have Hi-Lifted the truck via the pipe... Is the frame a better spot? yes... but it will suffice for my needs! best of luck to you!
If you wanted them for looks/a step there are cheaper ways/options. I wouldn't trust those at all.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #24
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
real sliders, bolt on's, ATO style.
Attached Thumbnails
Sliders!-img_0202.jpg   Sliders!-img_0212.jpg   Sliders!-p1010013.jpg  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
If you wanted them for looks/a step there are cheaper ways/options. I wouldn't trust those at all.

Not only will they not stop damage they will multiply it. All tube steps are damage multipliers like most "brush guards".

If he really did tie in his steps to his body and frame that should be real interesting once offroad since the frame and body are not rigid mounted and can flex independently up to an inch.