Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Building Storage

Old 04-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Building Storage

I didn't want to post in the garage thread b/c I don't have a garage but I was looking for ideas on storage for my building. Its a 12'x12' I believe thats right. It has the two swinging doors on the front and my dad and I built a wooden ramp in front of the doors. On the inside I have a work bench on the right side that is the whole length of the building. I got a rolling toolbox that I keep my tools in and I have a peg board but nothing really hanging on it. I was wondering if someone could post pics of their buildings with ideas for storage. The walls aren't finished of course just the studs showing. It is wired with a few receptacles, a flourescent light and I do have a dorm style refridgerator. The floor is all cluttered so thats why I'm looking for storage ideas. Thanks
Old 04-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
SaccoTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Sacco
SaccoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Put it up

I don't have a separate building , but in my garage I had a bunch of clutter and tools etc.. all over so I went to homedepot and bought a couple ceiling storage racks and that has basically resolved my clutter problem.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
Mudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lefty
Mudfinger's Tacoma Gallery
I use the metal shelves, which you can also get at Home Depot. I have 1 that's 12" deep, 6' tall, and 2 that are 18" deep, 6' tall. Plus a rollaway, but you already have that.

The shelves are nice because you can easily see and get at everything on them.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a thrift store and got some brackets that slide into a piece that screws into the wall for a fraction of what the box stores want. Those and a few pieces of plywood made shelves for three of my storage sheds. For my workshop I decided to develop some cabinet-making skills and made fancier shelving units.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...I like cruising garage journal for storage ideas, ..some clever ones to be found there...

some that come to mind:
- French cleats, adjustable hanging... cheap to build, ...but generally requires time to make custom hooks/hangers for your stuff..
- 2x4 rail w/ rafter hooks (nice for hanging bulky/heaving things) I did this in my garage... bolt long 2x4 to wall, horizontally, stand-off from wall 3/4" so rafter hooks can slide over it... downside is cost of rafter hooks...
- pegboard, sucks for bulky/heavy stuff
- slat wall, ...maybe better for bulky/heavy stuff, PITA to install... expensive..
- hang track, or other such adjustable metal shelves.. easy install... mainly shelving-type applications? can get costly...
Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #7
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What are you storing OP ? How much weight ?
Just general stuff like oil, car washing stuff, roundup, bug spray for the yard, gas cans off the floor, maybe getting my shop vac off the floor, I got two bikes that I bought a hook and I have them hanging already, I've got my rakes and shovels on hooks as well. I've got a wheel barrow but I can't seem to think of a way to put it so it doesn't take too much space. I've got a rolling toolbox and a small 3 drawer tool box on top but I didn'tknow if putting tools on the peg board would make sense.