Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

About Wood Finishes...

Old 05-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
About Wood Finishes...

...I ran across this, and found it very informative and in-depth... seeing that the question of "which finish to use" seems to come up quite often, I thought i'd share it here...

One thing that I was intrigued by is the article explaining why a "marine varnish" may not be the best for outdoor furniture... also some good explanations of the differences between oils and oil/varnish blends, as well as application technique...

http://askhlm.com/WoodworkingArticles.aspx
Old 06-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #2
bmka87 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
bmka87's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for future staining projects....