Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

How to remove "Great Stuff" from a window??

Old 07-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
How to remove "Great Stuff" from a window??

I installed new windows a few days ago. When i sprayed the foam in the cracks it expanded and came out and onto the actual window itself.

See bottom left hand corner of pic...not a good pic, but you'll see what i'm talking about.
https://flic.kr/p/oghWqs

I used a razor blade to cut the big stuff off like normal, but all that yellow crap is on my window now...
Is there an easy way to get this stuff off? Sandpaper is looking like the only way. I've tried almost everything.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
-TacoREX
TacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
TacoREX's Tacoma Gallery
It most situations I've used great stuff I can clean up with unleaded gasoline, but this might be a situation where that wouldn't be so helpful. In theory you could used a soaked rag and wipe up. Just my 2 cents, be careful of drips on carpet and wood trim. Also the smell of gasoline can be unpleasant to some people if spilled.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Its on the vinyl. Not on the glass.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
goof off although it's not near as good as it used to be. Pure Acetone, wd-40
Old 07-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
try a plastic razor blade
This will still work for the bulk of it. Afterwards try WD-40 or Goof Off. Gonna be elbow grease at that point.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:33 AM   #7
Born in the Backwoods

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Razor blade worked perfectly. Tried a plastic one and it did OK...Then i was real careful with a brand new metal one and it worked a lot better.

Thanks for the advice