Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Metal Building Paint

Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Metal Building Paint

Anyone ever painted a metal building???

I have a couple of panels that are starting to fade and a couple that look like they didnt match to begin with...lol

Im thinking of painting my building to match the siding on the house...But im not sure what all is involved...

Do i just roll it on? Spray it on? Hook up a gun to the air compressor and do it that way?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Old 04-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody ever done anything like this????
Old 04-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
You should wash it, and make sure there is no peeling (scrape or sand), spot prime it and use your house paint. Or check out your local paint store for some metal specific paint - like Rustoleum, or just a good oil enamel.

You could spray it, but be careful of runs - I think this is a little difficult for metal, unless you are experienced. I think I would roll it with a low nap roller and just make sure you smooth out the edges that the roller leaves.

GA