Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Closet Door Measurement ?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
Closet Door Measurement ?

I need to replace a few closet doors in my house and have a question on measurements. I went to the local lumberyard and found ones I like in 30 inch and 36 inch size. Now would that be the size of the opening?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Cap is on a distinguished road

Cap's Tacoma Gallery
Yes - That would be the width of the door frame.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
That is what I figured...Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I just got done framing my basement and I made my rough openings for my doors (for a 32" door) 34" wide and 82" high. I am installing pre-hung doors.