1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UNIBURR Tool Bit

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by surfsupl, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Nov 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    The UNIBURR is a deburring tool bit that quickly repairs damaged bolts to thread nuts in place once more, saving you time and money.

[​IMG]

The UNIBURR simplifies the repair process, potentially fictionalizing repair time, as well as bypassing the need to replace expensive or hard to find hardware while keeping safety at a previously unattainable level.
    The Difference

• This tool does not chatter.
    • This tool does not over heat the work piece.
    • This tool does not over heat or spark.
    • Threads are sheared off, not folded over as happens with a grinder.
    • This tool is the only external chamfer device that holds a patent for hand power drill use.
    • The difference between this tool and any other method is time saved. And time is money.
    Some of the example work pieces being repaired in the demonstration video include:

• Stainless Steel fasteners
    • Copper Pipe
    • Round and Square Stock
    • Rebar
    • Grade 8 Hardened Steel bolt
    • Also works on wood, fiberglass, plastic and more!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chadvonlind/uniburr-tool-bit/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chadvonlind/uniburr-tool-bit

I might back this :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. Nov 6, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That's pretty cool

3. Nov 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    For all the guys who don't purchase Rear U-Bolt Flip Kits :)

4. Nov 6, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    Blueitrgsr

Blueitrgsr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Gainesville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4wd
    Some bilsteins, OME 885's, and an AAL.
    Thats certainly a creative piece. Id back it.

5. Nov 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    xcmtb83

xcmtb83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa
    Severance Tool Industries already has a similar product. Those are also some interesting claims. What material were they cutting when they determined number of cuts? They say it will not overheat or spark? HA Let me have one...I will spin weld the thing onto a shaft. haha

6. Nov 22, 2014 at 10:46 PM
    David Dee

David Dee New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    2" lift
    Severance is a fine tool, their design is for horizontal drill press, end stock of a lathe, mill, all under a controlled environment. The UNIBURR appears to be for on the spot field use. I may be wrong but this equates to a difference.
    Material cut appears to be assorted soft copper, standard fasteners, grade 8 and rebar. Guess they are figuring we will all be doing multiple things not just the same over and over.
    Far as RPM of tool, bet they have a determined speed as maximum, anything faster would be abuse, void of warranty no doubt.

7. Nov 23, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    xcmtb83

Member:
    Iowa
    I assume you mean vertical drill press?

Do you have stake in the company? If so, request that the vague claims be corrected to more specific claims with recommended speeds and material types that will allow for X amount of cuts so it sounds less like an infomercial. Also, what Rockwell scale are they referring to? I am assuming C but with the lack of detail, who knows. Also I am assuming the size resrictions are based on inch units? Again, lack of detail. ;)

8. Nov 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    David Dee

David Dee New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    2" lift
    I actually did mean horizontal drill press. With background and experience in the machine industry I have used the Severance chamfer tool in these settings.
    I was trying to be helpful not combative, in my viewing of video and Kickstarter campaign it seamed clear.
    I have not seen their package yet, I would believe many if not all operating questions will be answered when I receive in the mail.
    Be positive, they ran a Kickstarter campaign to have a supporting hand of help to launch a product.
    Doubt they are saying don't have a grinder. don't have a die set, don't have a file, just a time saving tool to do a specific task.
    Hopeful the new addition to my tool box will help me with tasks as described time and again.

9. Nov 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    xcmtb83

Member:
    Iowa
    In all seriousness I would like to see a picture of a robust production oriented horizontal drill press. Google images isn't helping at all.

Sorry if I am not positive enough for you, I happen to be a realist. I too have a lot of machining experience.

10. Nov 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    David Dee

David Dee New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    2" lift
    I do hope these pictures were helpful

horizontal drill press 1.jpg
    horizontal drill press 2.jpg
    horizontal drill press 3.jpg
    horizontal drill press 4.jpg
    horizontal drill press 5.jpg

11. Nov 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    xcmtb83

Member:
    Iowa
    Interesting. I am trying to think of a situation where a horizontal drill press would be superior to a much more common vertical drill drill press, a 90 degree milling head attachment or a lathe. To me it seems like a pretty limited machine in terms of versatility. If I had to choose, I would much rather have a 90 degree head on a mill. None the less thanks for sharing.

Products Discussed in

To Top