1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TIG welder?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by killahaas, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Dec 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    killahaas

killahaas [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    long island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD off road
    stock for now.
    hey guys, i've been lerking around here for a while figured i would ask you guys i want to buy a AC/DC tig welder. This will be my first TIG but i've done a ton of tig but i mainly used a dynasty 350 or 700. and thats WAY out of my price range. i've come down to three welders i want to know if anyone has any experience with these smaller welders. I'm looking at the AHP alphatig 200x, everlast powertig 185, or a used or possibly new miller diversion 180. I have very little experience with non miller machines. especially chinese ones, but I've heard pretty damn good things about these welders, i like the settings of the 200x and 185, a little more closer to home with dynastys. But the diversion is a miller which is close to home as well im not sure what i should buy and maybe someone could have some insight! my budget would be about 1500-2000$

2. Dec 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    bob4x4

bob4x4 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD OR dcsb
    I have no experience with any of the newer machines you listed.I do very little tig at home so I just bought an old used machine from an old racer that didn't get much use in it's past life either.It's big and bulky so I built a hd cart on some big casters to be able to move it as needed

3. Jan 31, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    nelztaco

nelztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Levittown, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 SW
    UNDERCOVER, EIBACH COILS, TSB 4 LEAFS, TRD WHEELS, 255/85R16 KM2
    You have experience with Miller, so I think you should pick up the diversion, if you haven't already. I have never tig welded but have the desire to learn and fabricate some things. From what I've read Miller is the way to go. I am looking at the Dynasty 200dx. I really don't care if it's overkill, I think I'll manage. Haha!

Products Discussed in

To Top