Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Out with Old in with the NEW

Old 04-29-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
mkeeagle is on a distinguished road
Navy: IC3
mkeeagle's Tacoma Gallery
Out with Old in with the NEW

Okay here we go. Got a call on April 23rd telling me my garage has been moved up to May 1st from June 1st. Good/Bad. Contact PODS to have my pod delivered April 24th, No problem....wrong. Door on wrong side, wrong size. Okay they came back with the right one. I have a weird schedule of work so I don't know til after 3pm what I am doing the next day. Well I had to work til 6pm on April 25. Came home and wife and the boys had the whole garage emptied except for the Harley and a few boxes left over from when we moved. Good cause it has starting raining and has not stopped since yesterday. Called garage people still on track for taking down the "leaning tower of garages" (my garage is leaning 17 degrees and hence the new garage). So tomorrow April 30th it is going down.
The reason I started this post is so maybe you guys can help relieve my stress for starters and two maybe tell me what to watch for as the are building/pouring the cement ect. They are putting down a vapor barrier and that was already suggest to me so thanks to that person but I have a long time to go.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have pictures of the old garage?

Sometimes being seen taking pictures as the work occurs will help to make sure they remain on their best behavior.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
I have a video that I just took but still learning how to put it on here.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Just be around occasionally to keep the BS to a minimum. I know that when I did construction I hated the owner being there 24/7 but them showing up probably stopped some of the screwing around too. Taking pics is a great way to let the workers know you are paying attention to the quality of work they are doing. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 AM   #6
Well at 7:45am today one guy showed up and started taking down the garage. Which is great but I got home from work at 2am and have to be back at 7:40pm til 4am tonight. Oh well have to pay the price I guess.

I tried a few ways to get the video on here and apparently I am not as computer savy as I thought I was so sorry no video.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
Well the garage is down just need to cut up the roof but now the rain has started.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #8
still waiting for the garage floor to be broken up but it has been raining almost every other day and I am sure the guy has other projects.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
Old 05-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
Is that a hint?????
Here ya go....Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0188.jpg

Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0187.jpg
Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
Well the new slab is going in tomorrow morning if it does not rain.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
Slab is in but can't get pictures right now cause they are putting in the forms for the sidewalk and the apron. Will try later today.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #13
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal. Did they pour the new one in over the old one?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #14
no they tore the old out
Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Who are the "garage people"? Did you just get general contractors to do the work or a company that specializes in building garages?

How big?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
Yes the garage contractor is doing all the work including the sidewalks. The new garage will be 24 x 24 which replaces a 22 x 24. Here are some pictures of the new slab and the sidewalk with the forms in.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
opps forgot the pictures.Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0195.jpg

Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0194.jpg

Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0193.jpg

Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0192.jpg

Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0191.jpg
Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #18
two more
Attached Thumbnails
Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0189.jpg   Out with Old in with the NEW-100_0190.jpg  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #19
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Purdy.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
Only news from over here is wood is being delivered here on Tuesday but no more concrete has been poured due to rain delay.