John Deer 142 31.07%
Cub Cadet 31 6.78%
MTD 0 0%
Snapper 34 7.44%
Other 190 41.58%
Voters: 457. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #263
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
My dad bought a reconditioned Lawn-Boy push mower in the late 80's. He used it regularly on 1.5 acres until 2000, when he got a Murray riding mower from me for Father's Day..still used it now and then to trim and whatnot. He gave it to my brother in law 2 years ago, who used it to mow nearly 3 acres until it died 6 months ago.

I HATE Craftsman..mine broke the self-propelled at 2 yrs old (I have an acre)..they "fixed" it, it broke again in 5 minutes.

I inherited the tractor back with a bum transmission..bought one with a junk mower to fix it for $200. Come to find out the "compression issue" in the one I bought was loose spark plugs. I sold the 2 basket bagger for $100 and use the 3 basket one from my dad's. Now I just have to figure out why it drops too much fuel..there's no air-fuel mixture screw so my guess is flooding.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #264
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Hasnt anybody ever used Airens self propelled lawnmowers ?
My father has owned a commercial cutting business for 30 years and has tried them all and swears by the Airens .
http://www.ariens.com/products/walk-...s/default.aspx
As far as riders , use to use Kubota at the school board . Fairly decent machine that can take some serious punishment . Thats coming from a staff of highschool kids that would rather try and cut rock than lift the blade deck lol
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #265
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Hustler zero turn. Fasttrak 54" lifetime warranty on the deck and 4 year warranty on the engine etc. Had it since 2006 haven't had the first problem since and the price is good compared to the others for a commercial grade residential mower
Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #266
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
Kubota ZD326 w/60" pro deck ftw!
awwwee yeeaaahhh! Mow that lawn in about 4 minutes!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #267
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Yazoo for my push mower. It's at least 20yrs old... found it in an old storage container, still NIB. Needed a carb rebuild but man it runs strong!

Old CubCadet 1525 for the riding mower. My dad bought it in the 90's and it's still running strong for me ( he upgraded to a zero turn, so I bought it off him)

They honestly don't make them like they used to! Some of my lawn equipment is as old as I am!

image from google... not my own
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #268
sdixon86 is on a distinguished road
sdixon86's Tacoma Gallery
Land Pride

Check 'em out www.landpride.com
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #269
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Toro makes the best mowers out there. Hands down. Their stuff is used on golf courses worldwide.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #270
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #271
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Cub used to be good, now not so much since MTD makes them. The Cubs hydro pedal is also retarded, not ergonomic.

In my opinion John Deere is where it is at. I am not talking about the cheap Lowes model, but rather an X series model from the dealership. The patented twin touch pedals are better than anything on the market. I like how everything on a higher end Deere is built to last.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #272
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
We've got three Toro Personal Pace mowers in the family of varying ages 2 to 13 years and all are great.

I feel like most any mower that isn't the bottom of the barrel model that is well taken care of will last a long time... it's all about the basic (even if it's only yearly) maintenance.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #273
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
This one is great, it has power steering, hydraulic deck lift, Kawasaki engine, rides real smooth, and it has a really beef transmission that is serviceable. And is made in USA.
My only complaint is that the carb needs to be adjusted or something, it floods and that makes me real angry. But if I resolve that issue its really great.

Then if you wanna spend 14 grand on an all 'murican Uber lawn mower there's always the top end model:

Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #274
HedgehogOutdoors is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Explorer
Name: John
HedgehogOutdoors's Tacoma Gallery
I love our John Deere tractors. We have 3, only 2 are mowers. One is an '88 260, our newest is an '06 X728 Ultimate w/ weight box, loader, mower deck, 4wd, and locking diff. Our oldest is a '54 model 50, carb needs to be fixed, timing needs adjusting and some other things to run perfect.

I guess I am a bit biased, my first name is John, my dad wanted my middle name to be Deere but my mother didn't like that too much haha. In the looks department I'd have to say Husqvarna wins. I do also like Wheel Horses as a garden tractor, we have a 401, no engine, though. Does have a homemade cultivator, though! Those things are tanks, no joke!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #275
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Mowed with a Kubota ZD221

looks kinda like ours. we have a Kubota Z turn. i’ll go look and see what it is exactly tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #276
If you Didn't know,Now you know...
blackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
I've used scagg,gravely,and exmark mowers,all are exellent mowers for commertial and homeowner use.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #277
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing COSTS... like a deere.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #278
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
My dad has a dixie chopper and the motor blew up in it cause of a faulty low oil sensor and a oil line fell off. $10,000 for a mower and it blows a motor. No thank you.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #279
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/

My dad replaced a broadmoor with a prestige, and both were great tractors. I used them for my mowing business as a kid and everyone was impressed with the yard when I was done. They don't scalp on hills and they stripe your yard like a golf course. Wouldn't buy anything else.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #280
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
I've had 3 Deere's all were great. My last was a X500 but when I made the switch to zero turn I went Kubota ZG222 and I love it. I will never go back to a steering wheel.