John Deer 142 31.07%
Cub Cadet 31 6.78%
MTD 0 0%
Snapper 34 7.44%
Other 190 41.58%
Voters: 457. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #21
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Troy-Built for push mowers.

Dixie Chopper for ride-on mowers.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #22
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
Scag, eXmark, Husqvarna.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #23
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about the cutting deck? i know alot of mowers have around a 46- 52" cutting radius. do ya'll think that cutting radius matters?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #25
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
After ripping/tearing 3 decks off of a Craftsman mower I bought a John Deere like 10 years ago, best damn mower I have ever owned, it's an LX277 and it can take a beating and I don't think I would ever replace it. If I did though I would just get a mower attatchment for my new toy which I bought on Saturday.

This badboy, my new Kubota B3200 4X4

Those new Kubota B series look pretty nice. We've got a 2003 model L3130(smallest of the Grand-L series), up to about 850hrs now and still working awesome. May have seen the pic of behind my Tacoma, if not then here it is one more time:
Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #26
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Those new Kubota B series look pretty nice. We've got a 2003 model L3130(smallest of the Grand-L series), up to about 850hrs now and still working awesome. May have seen the pic of behind my Tacoma, if not then here it is one more time:
Your L series would squash mine like a bug, I have already got about 4 hours on it(thanks to the rain or there would be more) and I love that thing man, been ripping stumps and pushing stuff around like a school yard bully. Great machine, as soon as the ARK is finished and the rain stops I am looking forward to playing some more. That thing is a blast. I can see this thing saving my already torn up back alot of work.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #27
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wow, bout how many horses is that thing pushin?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #28
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
what about the cutting deck? i know alot of mowers have around a 46- 52" cutting radius. do ya'll think that cutting radius matters?
Do you mean deck width or effective cut? I have a Kubota ZD25 DIESEL 60 inch deck. It plows through grass of all heights with ease. I love the power the diesel has. I have never had it bog down.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #29

effective cut radius
Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #30
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
wow, bout how many horses is that thing pushin?
The backhoe? its only a 32hp 4cyl diesel. Lots of torque and gear reduction as well as hydraulics let it do what it does. I I've torn out stumps from trees that are 28" in diameter at the base.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #31
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
The backhoe? its only a 32hp 4cyl diesel. Lots of torque and gear reduction as well as hydraulics let it do what it does. I I've torn out stumps from trees that are 28" in diameter at the base.

Mine also has 32hp but nowhere near the torque Relentless has on his, also mine is a 3 cyl and his is a 4 cyl. But she will do what I need her to do. I am willing to bet that Relentless's would make mine look foolish in a side by side comparison.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #33
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
My uncles owns a john deere dealership and service center. Apparently the JDs you get at sears, etc are different than the ones you get at a JD dealer
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
My uncles owns a john deere dealership and service center. Apparently the JDs you get at sears, etc are different than the ones you get at a JD dealer
Yep, i've noticed that by looking at the ones at home depot. They're cheaper made and use Briggs and Stratton motors rather than the typical Kohler and Kawasaki that the others use. With those mowers, they're just trying to trick the unsuspecting customer into paying more for a name when it comes down to it. Even the walk behind (self propelled 'push' mower) mowers there use Briggs on them rather than Kawasaki. My mom has used the JX75 walk behind's for years and all we do is change the oil, grease the zerks and occasionally replace a stripped plastic drive gear in the wheel. Thats under commercial usage.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #36

yes, its true. Jds from the dealership are made in america with American made parts. ones you buy from lowes and Home depot, arent so fortunate.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #37
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
effective cut radius
Depends. How big is the yard? Check out my gallery for a pic of my mower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
Cutting radius helps as a time saver, the larger the deck the fewer passes you have to make. So it depends on what you situation is. Also the larger the deck the more power you need.
Yep. I can mow 7 acres in under 3 hrs with lots of turns around the landscaping and trees.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #38
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Voted "Other". I own a Honda self-propelled, but I would def buy a Kubota if it was a rider.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #40
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a Toro self propellled, no complaints yet, although I have not got over 5 hours on it Before that was a MTD with a small Briggs motor, no problems over 9 years.