Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

My Shed

Old 06-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
My Shed

I built it last fall (8'x12') but just got around to getting it organized. I still need to finish up some of the trim and apply another coat of paint but you get the idea. Build a small bench, some shelves and installed some peg board. I don't intend to to any actually work out there just a place to store all of the yard supplies to free up some room in the garage.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #2

crazieN8's Tacoma Gallery
yep that is nice as hell thats what i need. nice work
Old 06-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Where do you keep all your other tools?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
Nice. Where do you keep all your other tools?
I keep all of my power tools and mechanic tools in my garage.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Thats just what I need for the wifes gardening stuff and her tractor. Im going to build one when I get home. Nice job, just needs a pint of something on the shelf for those chilly mornings.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #7
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice! We need to build one real bad--that garage is just a wreck. Been looking at the store-bought kind, but I've been trying to convince Hubby just to build one himself. I didn't think it would be that hard for him--thank you for posting this so I can show him!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Great shed! I need one, I have junk everywhere.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
looks good, but you should have realized that now you have more storage space, thats gonna get filled up quick! we just put up a 10x16 last fall, its full..lol
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice... wanna build me one PLEASE

Did you build it from a kit or just buy the wood, etc and build your own? Did you pour a concrete slab for the floor?

I am looking to build one soon (hopefully) and am looking to see how others have done theirs.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Very Nice! We need to build one real bad--that garage is just a wreck. Been looking at the store-bought kind, but I've been trying to convince Hubby just to build one himself. I didn't think it would be that hard for him--thank you for posting this so I can show him!
your poor husband. I can hear it now "look at this he did it why cant you do it its not that hard."
Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
I am the Sofa King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Very nice... wanna build me one PLEASE

Did you build it from a kit or just buy the wood, etc and build your own? Did you pour a concrete slab for the floor?

I am looking to build one soon (hopefully) and am looking to see how others have done theirs.
I build it from scratch. Although if you go to my local Lowes you will find the exact model. I saw a style I liked at Lowes and then copied it. I saved about $500 by doing it myself and I know it is build better.

As for the floor I just sunk some 4x4's to below the frost line and encased them in concrete. Then attached the the treated 2x6 to them. If you want I can email you some plans that I drew up for it (construction in Michigan in the winter is pretty slow). They are not exact but will give you a pretty good idea of what I did.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Charli, do what my wife does when she wants me to build her something. She fills up ever cooler I have with beer and then says, "while your drinking all that beer maybe you could slap together a few 2x4's". Works everytime.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
wow, nice work!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. I've got a 1500 S.F garage and I still find myself wanting to move all the garden equipment out. Maybe a small lean-to would suit me.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #16
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
nice DIY...have to build one of those after I organize my garage.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshest View Post
I build it from scratch. Although if you go to my local Lowes you will find the exact model. I saw a style I liked at Lowes and then copied it. I saved about $500 by doing it myself and I know it is build better.

As for the floor I just sunk some 4x4's to below the frost line and encased them in concrete. Then attached the the treated 2x6 to them. If you want I can email you some plans that I drew up for it (construction in Michigan in the winter is pretty slow). They are not exact but will give you a pretty good idea of what I did.
Dang, that is an exact replica of the one from Lowes (lol). I think you have out done the Chinese on this one. You can buy one installed for $2400 at lowes.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 AM   #18
I am the Sofa King

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Dang, that is an exact replica of the one from Lowes (lol). I think you have out done the Chinese on this one. You can buy one installed for $2400 at lowes.
That is why I did it myself, it only cost me about $1,000. You should have seen me out there taking measurements and pictures.