Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Blacked out babdges, CLearcoat?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Blacked out babdges, CLearcoat?

So i blacked out my badges and im happy with the results. the question is do i clear coat and forever have those little imperfections or let them be b/c the paint wont wear down enough to worry about.

I put 3 coats of krylon fusion gloss black on, im having troubles getting all the lent off of them and i know i can wash the lent off once installed but if i clear coat and theres a few pieces lingering im screwed

help
Old 07-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
So i blacked out my badges and im happy with the results. the question is do i clear coat and forever have those little imperfections or let them be b/c the paint wont wear down enough to worry about.

I put 3 coats of krylon fusion gloss black on, im having troubles getting all the lent off of them and i know i can wash the lent off once installed but if i clear coat and theres a few pieces lingering im screwed

help
dont clear coat them unless you want them super shiny.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
yea im pretty happy with how they look now, so cool that means i might get them installed tonite
Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea im pretty happy with how they look now, so cool that means i might get them installed tonite
nice...........pics when you get a chance.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy crap dude, You've been a member for 3 months and you have almost 3k posts .
Sorry for the tangent haha. Pics when you get a chance though! I've been thinking about doing this also
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
painted

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
any badges i should leave off, save for the satoshi grill?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Nah, you did 'em all, show 'em off! Then in a month or two you can take more off.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
the tailgate has sooo many though, i think i might leave a couple off like the tacoma on the left and the sr5 maybe
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
the tailgate has sooo many though, i think i might leave a couple off like the tacoma on the left and the sr5 maybe
On the tail I'd probably put on Tacoma, SR5, and V6...
Old 07-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I left off the "TACOMA", "V6" and "SR5" from the tailgate...

and no clear coat here either...
Old 07-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
mudfish u got a better ass shot
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Badges look sharp, leave them the way they are.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
im come to the conclusion no clearcoat but i might leave off a couple on the back havent figured that one out
Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I also used krylon fusion black and really liked the end results. Not to glossy at all! I also thought about taking the smaller Toyota emblem off the tailgate but never got around to it. Might do that this weekend, who knows!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #18
mxracer16 is on a distinguished road
mxracer16's Tacoma Gallery
now, is it hard to remove them from the truck ?
what holds them on there?

also what works best to remove ?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer16 View Post
now, is it hard to remove them from the truck ?
what holds them on there?

also what works best to remove ?
fishing line and the daily sun work awesomely...and any leftover glue....some goo gone will do the trick. a double sided adhesive hold them on, and 3m tape works great to reinstall them.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #20
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
easy to remove with some strong fishing line, as alot will recommend, i used 8# b/c i had some it kept breaking but still only took me around 20 minutes to take all the badges off... i left the adhesive on so that i knew where they went when i was going to reinstall got that off with goo gone also very easy... hardest part of the job was cutting out the new adhesive, which i used 3m dbl sided tape, to the badges