Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Good Floor Jack?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Good Floor Jack?

I'm looking for a good floor jack and jack stands. I was looking at the Craftsman jacks at Sears, but the reviews are terrible on them. Seems they all start leaking fluid after a few months and just don't hold up well at all, plus they drop the truck like a house rather than letting it down gradually. Anybody have any recommendations for any good floor jacks?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
ive been using the 3 tone one from harbor freight, no leaks so far...but any of the bigger jacks ive used drop pretty fast
Old 07-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
My dad bought me one of those nice aluminum jobbies at Costco. Works really well on it is way more reliable than the crappy Craftsman that I had. Just remember though, don't trust the jack. Make sure to get some good jack stands if you don't already have them.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a NAPA 3.5 ton floor jack for about 7 years now and it works flawless still
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
We have a Craftsman 3 Ton hydraulic jack and we've had it for like 12 years. It's a frigin workhorse. No problems, no leaks. It is stiff and does drop hard sometimes.... nothing a good set of muscles can't handle or a towel and channel locks work everytime to get the torque to open it up slowly.

We also have a low profile Harbor Freight Alluminum hydraulic jack. The first one of these we bought let loose on us...and wouldn't hold. We took it back and got another one. It's been good so far - but - I don't trust it.

We have about 4 harbor Freight tall jackstands. They're just as good & heavy duty as any of the others.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Big Red 8 ton Bottle Jack. Super easy to lift up, and sets it down gently as a lamb. $35-40 bucks I believe.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive got a 4 ton craftsman jack..It works fine..the only complaint I have, is the handle dosent stay in the jack..kind of a pain when dragging it around.