Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

What size compressor?

Old 11-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
What size compressor?

What size compressors do you have in your garages? I am wanting one for general uses, and the 'most flow' use would be an impact wrench.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
12 gallon, and a (I think) 25 gallon in our shop.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
my grandpa just gave me his 12 gallon tank with a 1 horsepower compressor, putting out 100 psi. Gonna use it to paint and maybe run some tools but my breaker bar hasnt failed me yet
Old 11-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
60g 3.7hp upright. Its only like $400 at lowes. Need a big compressor to paint. i think im pushing 13.4cfms@40psi. Constant painting requires alot of air. Oh and you can run any impact tool as long as you want. Comes in handy...
Old 01-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody has ever wished that they bought a smaller compressor.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
saw a 6 gallon on sale at Blowes for 139..1 hp compressor motor as well
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i think im gonna get the 80 gallon kobalt compressor from lowes soon for my garage. 60 gallon would prolly work.....but ima go 80.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i think im gonna get the 80 gallon kobalt compressor from lowes soon for my garage. 60 gallon would prolly work.....but ima go 80.
That is what I went with and have been 100% happy. I can run an impact wrench or a sand blaster all day without running out of air.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I just have an old Craftsman that I wheel around. I took an old 220V Upright 80 gallon air compressor from work that was condemned due to a repair that was done on the tank and gave it to my father in law. If he doesn't use it I want to put it in the shop I plan on building.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Craftsman 30 gal for home use.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 60 gal Husky. So far so good.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently received a Craftsman 20 gal air compressor. The manual says to empty the tank after your finished using it. Do you guys do this? I never did with my other one.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post
I just recently received a Craftsman 20 gal air compressor. The manual says to empty the tank after your finished using it. Do you guys do this? I never did with my other one.
I've used friends but never owned one so I completely know nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Always emptying the tank after usage defeats the purpose of having a tank. Long term storage might make sense but every time?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBoy View Post
Always emptying the tank after usage defeats the purpose of having a tank.
That's kind of what i was thinking
Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
i love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 2nd Landing Support Battalion
Name: Chris
i love tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post
The reason you empty the tank is to drain any moisture out to prevent the inside from corroding. The humidity in the air can collect in the bottom of the storage tank and cause it to rust.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
got my ingersol rand ss5l5 5hp/60gal compressor in today. pics to come later. still gotta run a new service to my garage before i wire it in....hopefully, gonna have that done next week.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
I have a craftsman 25 gal. Not oil free. It work like a champ.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...sor-attic.html