Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

DeVilbiss Spray Guns

Old 11-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
DeVilbiss Spray Guns

Hey guys,

Thinking about investing in a good spray gun for Christmas. I've been lurking around some paint forums and the general consensus is that DeVilbiss is a good company that makes quality products. A lot of people have been recommending the FLG 3 Finishline Gravity feed spray gun which is around $120-140, which is fine for me. BTW, my grandfather is giving me his 2-HP 100 psi air compressor and tank for Christmas!!!

I was browsing around google for DeVilbiss products and found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Devilbiss-HVLP...item35a5148e2f
Which includes three DeVilbiss guns for only $140.

I know what you pay is what you get, but I dont see myself painting an entire car in the future, only parts such as grilles for my satoshi service and other body parts for when I get carnage off roading. Should I invest in the FLG 3 finishing coat gun for $120 or the cheaper kit for $140?

Also, cuz im still quite a newb to professional painting products, if I used a paint spray gun for my base/finishing coat, can I still use rattle can primer?

Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Devilbiss makes good stuff. I have a harbor freight HVLP gravity fed gun that is a direct knock off of devilbiss. It works pretty well. I have painted a few cars with it and I use it to paint & stain furniture that I build. I clean it out every time I use it and I added an inline water/moisture filter to it.

The best out there is Sata but there's no need to have one unless you are painting cars everyday.

A good paint job is 90% prep.

Yeah you can still use rattle can primer. especially with small parts. Its more convenient to. If you were painting a whole car I would say mix up some primer and spray it with the gun.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just used my DeVilbiss on a grille for one of my customers and it is pure sex. I need to buy a respirator now tho, I feel like im a character in Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Old 02-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

This grille used to be chrome: