Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Need a new vise, need help

Old 11-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Need a new vise, need help

So I'm looking to buy a new vise and have a work bench that used to have one fitted (before I had it). As you can see from the pic it was a decent size one, the hole pitch is about 6.5" for the mounting. Does anyone know if this is a standard mounting pattern, or do I have to drill new holes? I can do that, but would rather buy a vise that uses the same holes. I'm guessing it's going to be a vise with 5" or 6" jaws. If anyone has a 5" or 6" vise in their garage, it would be appreciated if you could measure the hole pitch - thanks!

Yes, those are cm on my tape
Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like it was a three hole mount. Most of the ones I have seen use a four bolt pattern. My 6" jaw vise has a four bolt pattern with the hole pattern 5"o.c. square.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
it'll be tough to find one that bolts right up. i'd just try to find a good quality vise (hard to do these days) and re-drill.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
it'll be tough to find one that bolts right up. i'd just try to find a good quality vise (hard to do these days) and re-drill.

Thanks, seems to be the way forward.