Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Anyone know what "SMD" stands for?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know what "SMD" stands for?

My new mountain house has a circuit on the electrical panel called "SMD". I have no idea what this is. Any electricians here?

Phil
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
My new mountain house has a circuit on the electrical panel called "SMD". I have no idea what this is. Any electricians here?

Phil
I know what it means in a urban/texting sense and it aint' good!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
There is a company salled SMD Research that makes HVAC components.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I know what it means in a urban/texting sense and it aint' good!
I opted not to include that.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
Turn everything on and break the circuit and see what turns off?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Smoke detectors???
Old 12-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
surface mount device???????
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...smd+el&aqi=g10
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an electrician but have no idea what the label means. Probably something specific to your home and region.
Any of these mean anything?
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SMD
Old 12-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I saw these and didn't recognize anything.....guess I'll have to go the "trip the switch and see what explodes route....".
Old 12-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Sand Mound?...this is the best game on TW!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #12
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an electrician also and have no idea. Smoke detectors were mentioned, how about Snow Melting Driveway?!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTRD6SP View Post
I'm an electrician also and have no idea. Smoke detectors were mentioned, how about Snow Melting Driveway?!
You know, now that I think about it, it HAS to Smoke Detectors.....but there is another switch clearly labelled Smoke Detectors?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #14
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
When the power goes out at my house the smoke detectors chirp and they switch to battery backup.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
I'm an electrician but have no idea what the label means. Probably something specific to your home and region.
Any of these mean anything?
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTRD6SP View Post
Electrician here, too. Also, never seen this before. Turn it off & see if you can find anything not working. Being a mountain home I'm wondering if it isn't some kind of snow melting device.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
Electrician here, too. Also, never seen this before. Turn it off & see if you can find anything not working. Being a mountain home I'm wondering if it isn't some kind of snow melting device.
I wish it was a snow melting device, but I think I would have been told about it...plus, there is no switch or other evidence of one......but good idea, I could use it as the driveway is steep....
Old 12-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #17

Marines:
How many AMPs is the breaker?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #19

Marines:
Service Main Disconnect?

Don't turn it off.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #20
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Service Main Disconnect?

Don't turn it off.
What is that? There is a large switch at the top of the panel to turn the Main Power Off....there is no Sub Panel.......