Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Craftsman 20V Cordless Impact Wrench is Bad Ass!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Craftsman 20V Cordless Impact Wrench is Bad Ass!

I bought this Craftsman 1/2" drive cordless impact wrench about 3 weeks ago and it is a monster! Its a bit pricey at $260 but its around the same price as a small air compressor and pneumatic impact setup. Before the holidays it was $299.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00929297000P

I also got this 27 pc 1/2" drive metric impact socket set;
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00923764000P

The impact wrench comes with a nice tool bag, charger, but just one battery. I removed and installed all 4 tires, plus the various bolts for the front/rear lift kit and the battery still had 1/2 charge.

My only gripe about the impact socket set (and I pitched the bitch in a product review) is that it doesn't come with a tool case. The sockets are shipped in two bags in a cardboard box. I spent $20 on a magnetic socket holder which fits well into the tool bag for the impact wrench.

Craftsman also has a cheaper 19.2V 1/2" drive impact rated to 200ft.lbs but I'm reading that its not any good unless you buy the lithium batteries for it. If you buy the lithium battery for the 19.2V impact, this Craftsman Professional impact ends up being cheaper and it comes with a lithium battery.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised by how much praise Crafstman gets on this site and some others for their power tools. I like their hand tools, but in my limited experience, their power tools leave a little to be desired.

That's a cool tool to have, though. I have a pneumatic one, but it would be handy to have a cordless one to take on the road in case of emergencies.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Power tools I personally prefer Dewalt or Milwaukee.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
I got the harbor freight electric impact for $30 on sale. I can break lugs with no problem using the outlet in my bed. But man, i really wish I had a cordless. How heavy is the gun? It is hard to work with overhead?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
That is a good deal if it lasts, but for everyday use I prefer the IR cordless impact. You cant go wrong with it, especially since you can chose from Li-Ion or Ni-Cad batteries.

http://www.toolbarn.com/ingersollrand-w360-kl1p.html
Old 12-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
An even better deal that I just found. This comes with the impact, charger, and 1 Ni-Cad, plus 1 Li-Ion battery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622
Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=45252

vs

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance
Old 12-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
just got the harbor freight impact wrench for $53 with 2 year warranty and 28 SAE and metric deep impact sockets for $45
Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
just got the harbor freight impact wrench for $53 with 2 year warranty and 28 SAE and metric deep impact sockets for $45
Damn dude! Thats a good deal! How did it work out? I was thinking about a corded Craftsman impact but I did some conversions with some help on TW and the watts came out to more than 400 so I chose a cordless because I needed something portable and it sounded like it would trip a breaker if I used the bed mounted outlet.

Here's the conversion; Volts x Amps = Watts; 120V x 7A = 840W.

To stay under 400W you would only be able to run 3.3A at 120V. I've never tried running anything over 400W so I don't know what actually happens if you overload it.

And I'm curious MGH-PA, why don't you like Craftsman power tools?