Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

garage finally coming together.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
garage finally coming together.

well.......havent had much time to do anything in the garage since we moved in, but its getting there little by little. already had a few stackable tool boxes...and gonna get one more set, but one wall is coming together for now. went today and got a bench and bench drawer(5 drawer cabinet) from sears. last night...i went and got a 7 tool dewalt xrp 18v kit from home depot. still gotta get a good size cabinet...then i'll be pretty much finished with storage stuff. already put up shelves in there a month ago. the main things left to do are meter the garage separately and rewire everything...add more overhead lights, pipe in my wood stove and buy/install my compressor. oh yeah....gotta add a beer fridge too. as soon as i get it all done......we can start having mod days!!

here was the start about a month or so ago........

eventually i will insulate it...but im not too worried about it for now. and i will post better pics as i get more stuff done in there. my bench and cabinet will go to the right of where the grey cabinet are now.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Its coming together nice storage space though!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
good start Will!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget the deep freezer for the deer meat
Old 01-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
dont forget the deep freezer for the deer meat
we got that one in the pantry in the house!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
we got that one in the pantry in the house!!!
even better!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #8

i really wish money wasnt an option....cause i woulda already had all the electrical redone, but were are gonna get it metered and then me and my father in law are gonna do all the rewiring. gotta do it soon....im itchin for a mod weekend!!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #9

i got my compressor and got the garage piped in with the wood stove, and saturday, im setting up my meter base and doing some wiring....should have a new electrical service out there by next week.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
Think the garage will be ready for Jamie's and my snorkel installs?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
nice,just need bed,bathroom,and kitchen and you can live in there.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #14
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
You have any pictures of your wood stove install? I'm thinking about putting one in my garage as well.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool. I highly recommend some of these when you mount your compressor to the floor:
Vibration Isolation Pads

Good luck with it man. I thought my compressor install / air line plumbing was going to be a half day project. It took a little longer, but doing it right the first time is the way to go.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
Think the garage will be ready for Jamie's and my snorkel installs?
oh hell yeah man. and he still owes me a case of beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post
You have any pictures of your wood stove install? I'm thinking about putting one in my garage as well.

im gonna try to get a better pic when i have better lighting in there, which should be really soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Very cool. I highly recommend some of these when you mount your compressor to the floor:
Vibration Isolation Pads

Good luck with it man. I thought my compressor install / air line plumbing was going to be a half day project. It took a little longer, but doing it right the first time is the way to go.
yeah man.....im definitely gonna get those and the anchors. and i plan on plumbing the air up and out a bit, with a couple of drop downs. may not happen for a little while tho.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Will.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I kinda threw my piping in a little too fast. I did some reading after I got it put in, and read a few things that I need to go back and fix.

1) piping needs to drop 1/8" per 12" horizontal, sloping away from the compressor and towards the final drop.

2) vertical sections should have T fitting with about 6" of pipe under them, ending in a valve, that way you can blow any water that might collect in the line out of the valve.

3) use a hydraulic hose from the compressor to the hard line. this'll keep the compressor from vibrating the fittings on the hard line, which could cause leaks over time.

4) don't use pipe dope on the fittings after your filter. (dur... if I'd only had my head screwed on straight)

5) for intermediate drops, use a T in the horizontal, and come off straight up, then use 2 90 degree L fittings to bring the drop down. This will keep any water from entering the intermediate drop, and draining down towards the final drop where you can drain the line periodically.

Some stuff I wish I'd known pre installation. Good luck with the project though, enjoying the pics.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #19

pretty good day!!! we got a ton of the wiring done....still gotta run a lil bit tomorrow.....and already ran the line for my compressor. gotta get six 8 foot overhead high output lights and install/wire them. made 3 trips to lowes today....and yet, gotta go back again for the right size bolts to mount my compressor.(ones i got were too long) overall.....a good day...got alot accomplished. getting it inspected this week.....hope it passes.

we should be looking for a upper south carolina mod day real soon.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
looks great Will