Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

compressor oil/water separator/oiler

Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
compressor oil/water separator/oiler

got this 3 piece separator/oiler from my dads when he passed away....

it is an ASCA Joucomatic separator/oiler, and its a 3 piece unit.(you can add or take away from the unit).

from left to right is where the air comes in......first part number for first part of unit is 34303035, and the second/third numbers are34203293.

on the first part of the unit....there is a valve at the top for air flow, but the bottom part is threaded as well. when i hooked up an air line to it today at work, and opened the valve....air came thru the right side as usual. when i closed the valve.......it was shut off......none came from the bottom threaded hole in the first part of the unit. anyone got any ideas as to why its even threaded, unless its to grease the bottom of the valve??? i cant seem to find much of anything about this unit on line, although its pretty damn expensice compared to most i have found.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like a Flexiblok. Browse through this catalog. Maybe the diagrams will help.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
It looks like a Flexiblok. Browse through this catalog. Maybe the diagrams will help.
its definitely along those lines, but this thing is italian or french or something.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
got this 3 piece separator/oiler from my dads when he passed away....

it is an ASCA Joucomatic separator/oiler, and its a 3 piece unit.(you can add or take away from the unit).

from left to right is where the air comes in......first part number for first part of unit is 34303035, and the second/third numbers are34203293.

on the first part of the unit....there is a valve at the top for air flow, but the bottom part is threaded as well. when i hooked up an air line to it today at work, and opened the valve....air came thru the right side as usual. when i closed the valve.......it was shut off......none came from the bottom threaded hole in the first part of the unit. anyone got any ideas as to why its even threaded, unless its to grease the bottom of the valve??? i cant seem to find much of anything about this unit on line, although its pretty damn expensice compared to most i have found.
There should be another screw in valve on the bottom... to enable you to drain any water/oil out of the container. (at least that's what the ones I used had) Never used that brand
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
There should be another screw in valve on the bottom... to enable you to drain any water/oil out of the container. (at least that's what the ones I used had) Never used that brand
X2... Keeps condensation from building up in the tank if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:

the middle tube is the separator....the right tube is the oiler. the middle tube has the small valve to drain the water out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
X2... Keeps condensation from building up in the tank if I'm not mistaken.
it actually keeps condensation outta your air tools.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Are you talking about the thread under the green arrow?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Are you talking about the thread under the green arrow?
yep....that one. with air hooked to it....if you turn the top valve, it closes it off. if you crack the valve.......a small amount of air will come out, but not enough to run another air line there. its what i cant figure out.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Ah gotcha, thought I got mixed up.

EDIT: Not a clue to what's wrong...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Ah gotcha, thought I got mixed up.

EDIT: Not a clue to what's wrong...
Took me a minute, too. Look at the very left of the unit... see the green arrow? Right under there are the threads he's talking about.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Put a plug in it and don't worry about it

Don't remember if we had threads there or not.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Put a plug in it and don't worry about it

Don't remember if we had threads there or not.
yeah, i'll prolly just cap it off, and use it as an on/off valve, although i can just remove that section. im not sure if a filter or something should be mounted there.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #14
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
I could be off but this looks like it may help:

check out this site:

http://www.ascojoucomatic.com/

click on Catalogues on the left, then the top middle catalogue (numatics), then "air preparation units" (second link from the bottom, middle section)

And in particlular, this PDF:

http://www.ascojoucomatic.fr/images/...2gb.pdf#page=1
Old 01-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
lol I have one of those and have never hooked it up. still sitting in the box.

I have an inline air seperator/filter on my spray gun to keep condensation out when i'm painting.