Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Air Compressors

Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Air Compressors

Im in the market to be getting one. And have MANY attachments with it (i.e. Paint gun, impact gun, grinder, etc)

What are the best companies? What size tank do I get (I will be painting and sanding alot) ?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
What you doing this time? haha
Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
What you doing this time? haha
My dad and I are making a small workshop in my garage to get my business up to speed.

We are using that whole wall where the refrigerator is/was.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
The following items you listed except for maybe the impact gun are going to require a large compressor that gives you consistent CFM of airflow and consistent air pressure.

I have a 25gal...1.5 hp(I think don't quote me on that..its been a while since I bought it) harbor freight compressor. I paint with it sometimes using an HVLP gun @ 40ish psi according to the regulator on the gun. I can usually only spray for about a minute or so then the compressor kicks back on. I typically paint furniture so its usually short bursts anyways. Back when I painted cars with it I could usually only do a few panels and I would have to let it catch back up for a few seconds and just keep a wet edge.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
The following items you listed except for maybe the impact gun are going to require a large compressor that gives you consistent CFM of airflow and consistent air pressure.

I have a 25gal...1.5 hp(I think don't quote me on that..its been a while since I bought it) harbor freight compressor. I paint with it sometimes using an HVLP gun @ 40ish psi according to the regulator on the gun. I can usually only spray for about a minute or so then the compressor kicks back on. I typically paint furniture so its usually short bursts anyways. Back when I painted cars with it I could usually only do a few panels and I would have to let it catch back up for a few seconds and just keep a wet edge.
So i need to get a 30+ gal tank and (???) hp. and I will be mostly painting headlight frames and grille surrounds.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
So i need to get a 30+ gal tank and (???) hp. and I will be mostly painting headlight frames and grille surrounds.
If you are doing little stuff like that then a 25-30 gal should be fine. Get a little detail gun and it will work perfect for that sort of thing. When you say headlight frames do you mean the surrounding you paint when doing the BHLM? if so why not just rattle can it? its way easier, less prep, and less cleanup.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
If you are doing little stuff like that then a 25-30 gal should be fine. Get a little detail gun and it will work perfect for that sort of thing. When you say headlight frames do you mean the surrounding you paint when doing the BHLM? if so why not just rattle can it? its way easier, less prep, and less cleanup.
I have been rattle can-ning it. I will stick to that. But when I start producing 4Runner Satoshi and Tacoma Satoshi grilles, I want to have a professional paint job if the customer wishes to color match the grille.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
just get a 60 gallon tank..there under $500 from lowes..you can do what ever you want with a tank that big
Old 02-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
just get a 60 gallon tank..there under $500 from lowes..you can do what ever you want with a tank that big
I would but I dont have enough room for a 60 gallon tank. It going in my garage with 2 other cars and many other cabinets and eventually a BIG table on the wall.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
Kahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the rough
Marines: Harrier powerplants
Name: Dave
Kahunadave's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Kahunadave
Small tank, Big HP and lots of CFM.. i think it's something like that
Old 03-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
in i use a 80 gallon one and i still can only fill about 2 tires before the compressor kicks on