Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Happy Valentines day to me, new table saw

Old 02-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Valentines day to me, new table saw

I was browsing through Lowes...something I do quite frequently when I'm bored on the weekends and went over to the tool section. Come to find out they had the saw I have had my eye on on clearance for $499. Normally $599. The guy said they are getting rid of hitachi tools except for the hand tools, nail guns, and benchtop stuff and going with Porter Cable. Lowes also recently quit carrying Delta stuff too. IMO hitachi makes some good tools.

I think it should serve my uses well. Its very quiet, pretty solid, has a larger rip capacity than my old saw, and its a lot more powerful than my old one.

Here are the specs for you power tool nerds

• 15 Amp induction motor (3.0 HP)
  • 27" x 40" table top with extension wing
  • Blade tilt and blade height adjustment knobs up front for easy access
  • Table top angle scale
  • Enclosed motor to protect from dust and debris
  • Adjustable T-slotted miter gauge
  • Micro adjustment on fence
  • Deluxe caster set included
  • Cast iron trunnions
  • 15 Amps
  • 10" Blade Diameter
  • 5/8" Arbor Size
  • 3,450 No-Load Speed (RPM)
  • 3-3/8" Max. Capacity (90 degrees)
  • 2-1/4" Max. Capacity (45 degrees)
  • 27-1/8" x 20-1/8" Max. Table Size
  • 13/16" Max. Dado Width
  • Dust Collection

The next Hitachi purchase will be a 10" sliding miter saw to replace my inaccurate 10" delta compound miter saw that my dog knocked off the workbench the day after I bought it.

Attached Thumbnails
Happy Valentines day to me, new table saw-new-saw-005.jpg   Happy Valentines day to me, new table saw-new-saw-006.jpg   Happy Valentines day to me, new table saw-new-saw-007.jpg  
Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Macgyver ,

consider the Makita LS1013 sliding compound mitre saw , I have 2 for work , they are great workhorses .

OZ
Old 05-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Macgyver ,

consider the Makita LS1013 sliding compound mitre saw , I have 2 for work , they are great workhorses .

OZ
I actually ended up getting a Dewalt 12" slider. Came with a free stand. I really like the Dewalt stand, its very sturdy! lowes was running a special. I actually got it for free too..(sorta) I drove up to Charlotte NC and helped my aunt and uncle build a knee wall in their bonus room. Since I saved them about 2,000 in labor vs. what a contractor quoted them, Instead of paying me for my labor they bought me a saw
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I actually ended up getting a Dewalt 12" slider. Came with a free stand. I really like the Dewalt stand, its very sturdy! lowes was running a special. I actually got it for free too..(sorta) I drove up to Charlotte NC and helped my aunt and uncle build a knee wall in their bonus room. Since I saved them about 2,000 in labor vs. what a contractor quoted them, Instead of paying me for my labor they bought me a saw
I love those kinds of trades , free tools !