Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

wife killed my planer

Old 02-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
wife killed my planer

I came home last night and garage door would not open. After trying to open front door of the house, I realized the security chain was still in place, but my wife had stepped out to the store. After I smashed the front door open (security chain is worthless, btw!) I went into the garage to see why the garage overhead door wont open. Torsion spring was broken, damn, so there's 250.00 to fix. Then I notice that my Delta 12.5 in. planner ( mounted on a stand) is lying on the floor in a crumpled mess with a note stuck to it from my wife. I never read the note because I could kinda guess what happened. She ran over my lawn mower last year in a similar incident while backing out of the garage. She suggested it fell on her car all by itself overnight, then fell over when she backed out. After some investigative probing on my part, she admitted guilt of being a horrible driver and knocking it over. Its toast with obsolete screw jacks bent, so I need to take advantage of a "freebie" kitchen pass I can receive for this.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer dude
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

What did she hit it with?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Ay yi yi!

Time for a new planer or maybe another toy for the truck!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody should start parking in the driveway.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #6
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to revoke her garage parking priviliges, but that idea did not go well with her. All I can do is use her guilt to my advantage and get myself something that would normally piss her off. I would like another Glock.....
Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swise View Post
I tried to revoke her garage parking priviliges, but that idea did not go well with her. All I can do is use her guilt to my advantage and get myself something that would normally piss her off. I would like another Glock.....

Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #8
TRIFECTA!!!

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

What did she hit it with?

her front tire grabbed the leg of the stand as she turned the wheel to back out of the garage. Dont ask me why she turned the wheel to back Straight out.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #9

Marines:
Quote:
her front tire grabbed the leg of the stand as she turned the wheel to back out of the garage. Dont ask me why she turned the wheel to back Straight out.
To avoid the lawnmower....................wait..........you said she already hit that..............
Old 02-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #10
TRIFECTA!!!

swise's Tacoma Gallery
yeah she did. she has now hit everything on that side of the garage.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ouch, i have the same planer. if you replace it,I'd go with the dewalt. much nicer imo. but than again maby a truck mod would be more fitting
Old 02-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dont ask me why she turned the wheel to back Straight out.
Don't feel bad my wife does the same. Why the eff she needs to turn the wheel in the garage is way beyond me, but apparently it's necessary. It's a small garage, we don't have room to be doing figure eights in this bitch LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #13
TRIFECTA!!!

swise's Tacoma Gallery
have you used the dewault? I was worried about the 399.00 model not having outfeed supports
Old 02-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
TRIFECTA!!!

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Don't feel bad my wife does the same. Why the eff she needs to turn the wheel in the garage is way beyond me, but apparently it's necessary. It's a small garage, we don't have room to be doing figure eights in this bitch LOL

Glad Im not the only one with this problem!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #15
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Ya know those tire guides in the car washes?

Maybe time to roto hammer down a pair of those, you could also put a stop at the end so she doesn't take out the back of the garage and if nothing else it gives you a legitimate reason to buy a new Roto Hammer
Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #16
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Ya know how I sloved that problem? If she backs into the garage to much she will run over HER motorcycle, not mine.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
have you used the dewault? I was worried about the 399.00 model not having outfeed supports
ya, i've used it, my buddy has one. you have to use a roller stand with it