Notices

Chrome Grill To Black Grill

Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Rizzz818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose
Rizzz818's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rizzz818
Chrome Grill To Black Grill

I was not to happy with the way the chrome looked on my truck, so i painted all my emblems and my grill Black.. Here is how it came out!

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 02-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
jasalvas is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jasalvas's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
That looks nice. Hopefully I will be doing the same thing to mine this weekend.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Thumbs up NexMexico

Good O'l Mescalero Reservation.. Believe it or not i used to live in Alamogordo. I didnt have my truck then, but i want to go off road out there next time i go back. My parent are still there.. Out by Orogrande or even by Carrizozo.. Anyway do it.. It was not that hard at all.. Just make sure you sand really good and clean it well.. Goodluck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis toyo View Post
That looks nice. Hopefully I will be doing the same thing to mine this weekend.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzz818 View Post
Good O'l Mescalero Reservation.. Believe it or not i used to live in Alamogordo. I didnt have my truck then, but i want to go off road out there next time i go back. My parent are still there.. Out by Orogrande or even by Carrizozo.. Anyway do it.. It was not that hard at all.. Just make sure you sand really good and clean it well.. Goodluck..
Orogrande? or Loma grande? Loma grande is part of Nogal.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man. What did you use to paint it? Are you worried about it chipping?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
doing this to mine next weekend...Hopefully
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Paint

To Paint:

First i sanded all the chrome off with 3M 400 Sand paper, Then i cleaned it really well, I did a light spray of Adhesion Promoter, Then a light coat of Primer. Once that dried i sprayed it with Krylon Fusion black paint. SPrayed light to heavy coats until i got the texture i desired. After that dried i sprayed it with some clear coat. I let it sit for about 5 hours then put the grill back on. THat same night i ran it through a gas station carwash and no chipping, nothing. nice smooth finish.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
Orogrande

Orogrande is in between Alamogordo and El Paso off Highway 54. Its a small ghost town before the state prison. Much mountain terrain. I never heard of Loma Grande..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis toyo View Post
Orogrande? or Loma grande? Loma grande is part of Nogal.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #10

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzz818 View Post
Orogrande is in between Alamogordo and El Paso off Highway 54. Its a small ghost town before the state prison. Much mountain terrain. I never heard of Loma Grande..?
Yeah i know where Orogrande is, i just figured it would be Loma Grande since it is close to Carrizozo. Loma Grande is in Nogal which is between Ruidoso and Carrizozo.