Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

$175 a Lowe's

Old 03-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #21
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
Drafted out my bench while I was working last weekend. $140 to include a new saw. Dunno how much masonite and peg board are gonna cost though. Then I got plans for shelves underneath the stairs
Old 03-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #22
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoTaco08 View Post
That brand or epoxy floors in general?

I've had mine for nearly three years and it still looks great. I have a different brand though.
Brand. The ones at lowes and Home Depot are not that great of quality product. THey aren't high solids and are just cheap water based epoxy. another problem with the kits is that they don't give you the proper steps on how to clean the concrete before laying it down. all they give you is a small ass bag of TSP and say to mop the floor with it. that isn't going to do shit to the floor. it might get some dirt off but not the stuff that makes a floor peel after a short while.

If anyone ever needs tips on cleaning the floor or even getting oil stains out of concrete just shoot me a PM and I'll be more then happy to help out. Because I do epoxy coatings.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #23
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Brand. The ones at lowes and Home Depot are not that great of quality product. THey aren't high solids and are just cheap water based epoxy. another problem with the kits is that they don't give you the proper steps on how to clean the concrete before laying it down. all they give you is a small ass bag of TSP and say to mop the floor with it. that isn't going to do shit to the floor. it might get some dirt off but not the stuff that makes a floor peel after a short while.

If anyone ever needs tips on cleaning the floor or even getting oil stains out of concrete just shoot me a PM and I'll be more then happy to help out.
x2. I've heard a number of pros saying to steer clear of those brands. If you're in the market for getting your floor done, speak to a proper contractor about doing it...I know there's a lot of garage floor contractors out there really slow at the moment, they'll probably cut you a good deal.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #24
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #25

luni's Tacoma Gallery
And two weekends later.

Still needs the top shelf, work top, and peg board back, but I think I'm gonna load up the bottom shelf move it into the corner, shuffle some stuff around to get the garage organized and then finish it from there. Seeing as I have a workbench to work on now :P
Old 03-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #26
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
$175 is plenty money to build a bench and shelving. Made this bench for under $100 a few months ago. Tools not included...
That is a great looking bench man. Nice work.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
Captain Funk
techgeekwill has a spectacular aura abouttechgeekwill has a spectacular aura about
techgeekwill's Tacoma Gallery
That bench puts mine to shame. Similar design, but the execution is so much better and I haven't gotten around to putting in a pegboard just yet.

$200 is more than enough. I'd say, depending on complexity and size, $50 should do it. I know I spent a little over $80 for the lumber when I built it, but I also had lumber for other projects.

The rest of the money? IDK, personally hate Lowes. Maybe see if you can put it towards a beer fridge?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #28
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
Looks good. What is the work surface?
1/2" mdf with 1/4" hardboard screwed in. screws are countersunk to keep the surface smooth, plus it's removable when it gets beat up. the top has 3 coats of water based polycrylic.