Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Lets see YOUR WELDS!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #41
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take pictures of some of the welds I did on the High School Dune Buggy project tomorrow.

Not bad for only taking half a year of Welding.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #43
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
I want to learn how to weld so bad
Do it masada. Its a good trade/hobby
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #44
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
For sure!

I would recommend starting with stick and then MIG... stick will let you get your patterns down better.

Dont have to worry about the gas and wire speed.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #45
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
too fast!!! ha joking looks nice as hell beads you got'z der
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #46
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Great lookin beads, im getting my 2yr degree in welding, ill have to post some pics of them in TW Live, right now were doing arc welding and brazing
Old 09-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #47
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
For sure!

I would recommend starting with stick and then MIG... stick will let you get your patterns down better.

meh, it would be much better to start with mig. stick involves a lot more work to strike the arc, and keep it going. while having to worry about your stick shrinking and it's a pretty messy process.

mig is very simple, any welder should have a table on the inside door that tells you what amp/wire speed to set it to, depending on the metal thickness. adding gas is also really easy, just set it between 15-20 cfph depending on the wind
Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #48
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's another pic from one of the bumpers. shitty cell phone pic though. The bead is continuous about 9" long
Old 09-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #49
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
For sure!

Do you guys think I could go to a community college and take a class at a time to learn how to weld?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #50
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a CC to learn how to weld. They started me on Oxy/Acet then to Stick then to Mig. It was a blast.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #51
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjclemen View Post
I went to a CC to learn how to weld. They started me on Oxy/Acet then to Stick then to Mig. It was a blast.
Literally?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #52
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've been welding for 10 1/2 years. I hate it and love it. Hit up a cc or if you know some one hit them up and try it out to see if you like it
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #53
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
meh, it would be much better to start with mig. stick involves a lot more work to strike the arc, and keep it going. while having to worry about your stick shrinking and it's a pretty messy process.

mig is very simple, any welder should have a table on the inside door that tells you what amp/wire speed to set it to, depending on the metal thickness. adding gas is also really easy, just set it between 15-20 cfph depending on the wind
x2, stick is no fun lol
Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #54
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been welding for 10 1/2 years. I hate it and love it. Hit up a cc or if you know some one hit them up and try it out to see if you like it
Ya, I'm thinking about it. It would be about $300 for one class and lab at my CC. It's just something I'd like to know more about and how to do. Plus if I could make some cool things and make some extra money maybe.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #55

Im wanting to go learn titanium
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #56
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I only say start with stick because thats what I learned and started with. Then...... we got the chance to do the MIG- fell in love.

CC have many courses for welding. Southern Union has a HUGE program for it.

I was going to get pictures today but it was Senior day today. I will tomorrow.

I'm going to start welding aluminum with a MIG. Should be fun.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #57
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
I also would go with starting with stick first, its harder then mig for sure but it makes you understand how to control the puddle alot better. Mig is super easy to learn/set up, can be laying nice beads in under a hour... Tig on the other hand is a pain to learn, but a very useful trade once you get it down.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #59
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I miss welding!