Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Lets see YOUR WELDS!!!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #82
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go. Ran this weld about 4:30 this afternoon.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #84
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Well thats cheating, you clearly have an advantage lol
perfectly clean, 90* angles with thick metal are probably the easiest. It also helps when you fabricate for a living
Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #85
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
perfectly clean, 90* angles with thick metal are probably the easiest. It also helps when you fabricate for a living
yeah the nice T joints are definitely the easiest to lay down nicely. I'll post some more tomorrow closer to a butt joint, maybe a 30* angle between plates. I'll post a pic of the seam next to that one welded up as well. Its more of an edge weld between the 2 plates.
And yeah, welding every day does make you get better pretty quick! haha
Old 12-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #86
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
yeah the nice T joints are definitely the easiest to lay down nicely. I'll post some more tomorrow closer to a butt joint, maybe a 30* angle between plates. I'll post a pic of the seam next to that one welded up as well. Its more of an edge weld between the 2 plates.
And yeah, welding every day does make you get better pretty quick! haha
cool, I like looking at beautiful welds

Hopefully I'll be getting better at TIG this next semester. Ill post up some pics if I get good enough lol
Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #89
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Every weld on my entire cage has been done with a battery powered readywelder with .035 flux core. I use two yellow tops to power it, haven't had a weld fail yet. I am also self taught, and it shows, lol.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #90
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't migged in a few months. Gave it a shot last friday.
Sorry , don't know how to embed a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Lets see YOUR WELDS!!!-imag0403.jpg  
Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #91
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagget13 View Post
Haven't migged in a few months. Gave it a shot last friday.
Sorry , don't know how to embed a picture.
A little more heat and slower and you'll have a nice(r) bead
Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #93
braaap

[IMG][/IMG]

this one's not great, it was in a tough spot so I had my face about 3 or 4 feet away, couldn't see real well.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #94
braaap

Also added some veiny texture to a battle hammer Im making.

Our old one was tried, true and loved. It was used to build many baja cars and even went clean through a garage door one drunken night. It was tragically stolen a few months ago.

It's replacement will be made of 1" solid bar stock with a ball peen welded on the end. Here is the handle.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #96
Carrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
Carrionman's Tacoma Gallery
noob here.

About to take some classes myself but I want to get started on my own, was thinking about picking up a miller 210 I saw on (god save me) craigslist and trying my luck pre classes on welding some rails on a pos flat bed trailer I picked up. Any advise you can offer me is greatly appreciated. I want to pick up a diy front bumper from relentless in the very near future and weld it up myself. I have seen some professionals weld, I am a quick study but seeing but when it comes to welding up this bumper I'm a bit nervous. Give me your thoughts on equipment, settings, the works.
Thanks
Old 05-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #97

Miller 210 is a great welder. I've ran one of them a bit and own the big brother to it the 251. If you pick it up, start at the settings on the chart in the wire door and adjust to preference. Some pics of the beads and a few of us on here could certainly help give feedback on setting and technique.
While we're here... ran with my Miller 251.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:05 AM   #98
Carrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
Carrionman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

[QUOTE=RelentlessTaco;8661675]Miller 210 is a great welder. I've ran one of them a bit and own the big brother to it the 251. If you pick it up, start at the settings on the chart in the wire door and adjust to preference. Some pics of the beads and a few of us on here could certainly help give feedback on setting and technique.

I find it hard not to see the irony here that you give me advice in this situation. Considering I am learning to weld so I can weld up one of your DIY kits. Thanks for the info, now I've got to deal with this Craigslist creeper.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #99

I picked up my MM 251 on Craigslist actually. Just bring a buddy and make sure the guy has power hooked up to the welder so you can test it. I prefer talking to the person on the phone too- you can get a lot better feel for a person by talking to them rather than just emailing or texting. If you get a Sketchy feel then pass til the next one comes along