Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Lets see YOUR WELDS!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
wwjdweldingman's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Lets see YOUR WELDS!!!

Here's my beads in MIG welding

and my stainless steel TIG test i just took yesterday.

sorry for the pix being soo big...
Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
OC aliso/laguna i work in HB tho.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that's sweet!!! Im bearly learning how to stick weld. I suck bad right now.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
i don't like stick welding.. bad on the lungs and there's sooo much spatter and slag.. lol, are you learning it for a profession?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
those are clean as hell 'specially from a MIG. thats awesome!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try to get some pics from the 2009 SkillsUSA national comp.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
that'd be nice, i just gotta get my power supply sorted out, then i'll be ready to go from my garage.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #10
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjdweldingman View Post
i don't like stick welding.. bad on the lungs and there's sooo much spatter and slag.. lol, are you learning it for a profession?
No im teaching myself...I work night shift every other week, So I just sneek into the fab shop and find some scrap metal. Im just trying to get a good bead down, Then I'll start practicing on welding crap together.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thread, ill see if I can get some pics sometime. Just so you know, I'm nowhere near as good as you!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
No im teaching myself...I work night shift every other week, So I just sneek into the fab shop and find some scrap metal. Im just trying to get a good bead down, Then I'll start practicing on welding crap together.
What electrode are you using? Size? Amperage? I got my 6010 and 7018 certs, but let them lapse
Old 03-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Those are beautiful welds, Im not even going to post my mig welds.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
What electrode are you using? Size? Amperage? I got my 6010 and 7018 certs, but let them lapse
I don't want to sound stupid...But I have no idea what that is. Im just using a Lincoln 220 stick welder. I only been sneaking in their a few times. Next time i'll find out what setting it's on and what not.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
I took welding for 3 years and 2 of those years i had 2 hours of welding everyday. I used to weld for my high school in competitions and such. But i hardly weld anymore. Its good though that i have a skill like that now.

Very nice welds btw. very consistent with the bead. All i used to weld in school was galvanized. i dont know how many times splatter got in my shoes and gloves.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
haha its alright! Gotta start somewhere
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
.Very nice welds btw. very consistent with the bead. All i used to weld in school was galvanized. i dont know how many times splatter got in my shoes and gloves.
Galvanized? Really? Shit really isnt the best to weld.. If you ever had zinc poisoning you would know why.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #19

Well when I working in the refineries, I was the one who grinded all the Galvanized coating off the steel. I hated working with it.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #20
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
yea i know. i always tried to weld outside but even then i would would start getting light headed after a while so i would take a breather.