LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

$50 High lift from harbor freight

Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
$50 High lift from harbor freight

anybody have any experience with one of these?? they really are a super simple design, can't imagine too much could go wrong.... (famous last words, i know), just curious if anyones used one, cause i'll probably pick one up. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=6530
Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen one used, but I will tell you this:

Anytime you use a high lift in the field, it can get sketchy. I've changed a tire or two in very nasty places under a high lift and did not feel that safe (vehicle falling off jack was the worry)

I certainly wouldn't want to add the factor of the jack failing to the mix, especially to save that little amount of money.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i got one from a friend for christmas. i bent the hell out of it. it buckled, but i was picking up the front of a f250 with a 7.3 turbo desiel so i probably overloaded it but other than that it has not failed me.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm....I doubt I'd ever be in a situation to use a high lift but ya never know... it'd look cool as hell mounted up in the bed
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
they work just fine my best buddy has one pretty much the same as a highlift brand just keep it lubed up
Old 05-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I can't see a picture of the jack cause there web site is down

Might be an indicator
Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I love that store! I havn't used any of the high lift jacks, but I dont really need one. As said before, it looks cools mounted
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
FYI the hi-lift jacks are $80 at Tractor Supply Co.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
60 at Fleet farm
That's a great price
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is my harbor freight highlift, and how i mounted it. i can get more detailed pictures on how its mounted if anybody wants them.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
there are cupons in the back of "guns and ammo" mags for their low pro 3 ton race jack for 60 bucks. I would way rather have one of those than a sketchy high lift
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #13
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
ya i got the 60" from harbor freight for 50 bucks, alex amaes really like his from there so i decided to save the couple bucks
Old 06-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #14
Black Rock Taco is on a distinguished road
Army: Nat'l guard medic and supply sgt.
Black Rock Taco's Tacoma Gallery
NO to HF

One of the replies stated that his HF jack bent lifting an F-250 w/ 7.3 diesel. I had a '97 F-250 HD with a 7.3, and it was under 7000 lb. loaded i.e fuel/fluids, toolbox, supplies and me. A 7000 lb rated jack should be able to lift the front of that truck no problem. I've looked at the HF models, and will not buy one. The cost differential between the HF and higher quality is not great enough for the added risk. I've used high lifts lots and lots of times to get unstuck. They are dangerous and scary enough already. Don't skimp on this item!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
EVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ray
EVILSTI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
FYI the hi-lift jacks are $80 at Tractor Supply Co.
Actually on there site the 48" is $69.99 and the same one is in the store for $79.99. So print out the page below and bring it in and they will give it to you for the lower price. Also on there main page there is a spot to click and they will e-mail you a $5 off coupon. So you can get a real HI-Lift 48" for $65. (If they give you a problem it even says "In Stores Only") I did this a few weeks ago with no questions asked.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/trailer...l-jack-0116291
Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
While we are on the subject of Hi-lift jacks, I've got a noob question: What are good lift points on the truck, since it obviously wont be able to lift from the normal points.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
i used my HF high lift to jack up my boat(3000lbs) but by the tongue..which should be pretty easy to hold.. but while locked up about 24inches from the ground, the lock suddenly broke and the tongue of the boat slammed into the pavement..i dont recommend HF highlifts
Old 06-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #18
98_mud_bug

you have to have sliders or bumpers. other than that you can lift from the reciever hitch. (although i dont recommend it)