Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Herculiner or DIY bed liner advice

Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Herculiner or DIY bed liner advice

Has anyone done their own bedliner? If so which one did you use, how easy was it to do and how did it last and look. Pics and tips would be much appreciated.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
puddlejumper will become famous soon enoughpuddlejumper will become famous soon enough
Name: Jeff
puddlejumper's Tacoma Gallery
I used Herculiner to coat my home-made rear bumper and the top of my ARB front bumper. Just tape off what you do not want coated and put on two coats and you are good. As far as longevity-I have only had my accessories coated for about two months-so I have do not have long term stats. The Herc kit comes with two rollers, a brush, and a scouring pad to scuff up the smooth surfaces prior to coating. The process is messy, but dirt simple. I am very happy with the look of the finished product.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
I used Herculiner to coat my home-made rear bumper and the top of my ARB front bumper. Just tape off what you do not want coated and put on two coats and you are good. As far as longevity-I have only had my accessories coated for about two months-so I have do not have long term stats. The Herc kit comes with two rollers, a brush, and a scouring pad to scuff up the smooth surfaces prior to coating. The process is messy, but dirt simple. I am very happy with the look of the finished product.
I to am happy with the product but cant say what it will look like in the long run, I did my tool box and sliders with herculiner ad I noticed the black kinda faded from the hot mojave desert sun but all I did was run flat black rattle can over it and it looks great, it is also very messy and hard as hell to get off of skin as mentioned earlier