1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recent Project Pool supply cabinet

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by macgyver, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Apr 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    macgyver

macgyver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Earlier this week my boss and I were brainstorming ideas for a storage cabinet to store all of his pool supplies in his pool area. I came up with an idea for a large cabinet with two different compartments. One with a flip up lid to keep his vacumm hose and other cleaner stuff. The other side would be a cabinet with double doors with half having a shelf and the other open so he can store the large bucket of chlorine. On top of the cabinet would have a recessed area to put an herb garden.

Since it would be outside I decided cedar & PT plywood would be the best materials to prevent rot. So after some quick drawings and my usual "build as you go" attitude I built this cabinet. Its all cedar 2X4's except the bottom and back panels which are 1/2" PT(pressure treated) plywood. The front, side, and door panels have 5/8" tongue & groove cedar panels in them. all of the panels fit into dado grooves for the panels to be able to expand and contract freely in changing weather conditions. Plus it looks cool :D

This cabinet will sit next to this cool looking tiki hut/ wood shack the previous homeowner put in the pool area.

Here are the pictures. Sorry they are a bit grainy they were taken with my blackberry.

Cabinet1.jpg
    cabinet2.jpg

buyobuyo likes this.
  2. Apr 9, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    thecoldone06

thecoldone06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's bad ass man, nice job!

Products Discussed in

To Top