Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Recent Project Pool supply cabinet

Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Recent Project Pool supply cabinet

Earlier this week my boss and I were brainstorming ideas for a storage cabinet to store all of his pool supplies in his pool area. I came up with an idea for a large cabinet with two different compartments. One with a flip up lid to keep his vacumm hose and other cleaner stuff. The other side would be a cabinet with double doors with half having a shelf and the other open so he can store the large bucket of chlorine. On top of the cabinet would have a recessed area to put an herb garden.

Since it would be outside I decided cedar & PT plywood would be the best materials to prevent rot. So after some quick drawings and my usual "build as you go" attitude I built this cabinet. Its all cedar 2X4's except the bottom and back panels which are 1/2" PT(pressure treated) plywood. The front, side, and door panels have 5/8" tongue & groove cedar panels in them. all of the panels fit into dado grooves for the panels to be able to expand and contract freely in changing weather conditions. Plus it looks cool

This cabinet will sit next to this cool looking tiki hut/ wood shack the previous homeowner put in the pool area.

Here are the pictures. Sorry they are a bit grainy they were taken with my blackberry.
Attached Thumbnails
Recent Project Pool supply cabinet-cabinet1.jpg   Recent Project Pool supply cabinet-cabinet2.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
That's bad ass man, nice job!