1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Build or buy shed?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by JML50, Apr 11, 2010.

1. May 27, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    Pyriteship

Pyriteship Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Massachusetts, USA
    Vehicle:
    10 Access Cab SR5 in Pyrite
    In NH, you should check out Reeds Ferry Sheds, depending on your budget of course. I just had a 10 X 12 delivered and installed (in MA) from them and I'm super happy with it. I've also had the occassion to both build one this size and be involved with the placement of an Amish built shed this size at a freinds house. The Amish do build a quality shed, but you have to have access to the site so that the truck can back into the spot and drop the unit in one piece. They use a ceramic based paint on theirs which looks brand new after 5 years.

All in all, I'd say Reeds Ferry is the way to go - Quick, quality and guaranteed for 20 years.

2. May 27, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    I built a 10'x8' shed that is 10' high. It is for my Canam ATV and all my gear. I love it The machine is out of the bad weather and should last much longer

3. May 27, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    look on craigslist and get someone to build you one. i would get at least a 10x10 or 10x12. you will need the extra space in a year trust me. i had someone build me one at the farm 5 years ago (10x12) for 1,000. not bad b/c there is no power up there. sure you could build it cheaper, but how long will it take you. what is your time worth ? if you can get it built for 300 to 400 more than cost, i say jump on it, b/c it will be tough to build by yourself.

3 years after i got my 10x12 built i went back myself and built a 16x20 lean to. i will most likely do one on the other side in another 5 years. see what i mean about doing it bigger than what you currently need. hee, hee.

Products Discussed in

To Top