Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Build or buy shed?

Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #21
Pyriteship is a glorious beacon of lightPyriteship is a glorious beacon of lightPyriteship is a glorious beacon of lightPyriteship is a glorious beacon of lightPyriteship is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Bill
Pyriteship's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
Quality of construction makes the difference IMO. If all you need is a cover, factory builts aren't bad. You'll see the difference 5-10 years later when the roof starts leaking, critical wood splitting, etc. depending on the builder....but that's just my $.02.

Edit - I'm looking to replace a 12 x 16 this summer too.
In NH, you should check out Reeds Ferry Sheds, depending on your budget of course. I just had a 10 X 12 delivered and installed (in MA) from them and I'm super happy with it. I've also had the occassion to both build one this size and be involved with the placement of an Amish built shed this size at a freinds house. The Amish do build a quality shed, but you have to have access to the site so that the truck can back into the spot and drop the unit in one piece. They use a ceramic based paint on theirs which looks brand new after 5 years.

All in all, I'd say Reeds Ferry is the way to go - Quick, quality and guaranteed for 20 years.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #22
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I built a 10'x8' shed that is 10' high. It is for my Canam ATV and all my gear. I love it The machine is out of the bad weather and should last much longer
Old 05-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #23
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
look on craigslist and get someone to build you one. i would get at least a 10x10 or 10x12. you will need the extra space in a year trust me. i had someone build me one at the farm 5 years ago (10x12) for 1,000. not bad b/c there is no power up there. sure you could build it cheaper, but how long will it take you. what is your time worth ? if you can get it built for 300 to 400 more than cost, i say jump on it, b/c it will be tough to build by yourself.

3 years after i got my 10x12 built i went back myself and built a 16x20 lean to. i will most likely do one on the other side in another 5 years. see what i mean about doing it bigger than what you currently need. hee, hee.