LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Warning canadian buyers: Wheelers offroad experience....

Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Wheelin' the Great White North
trevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud of
trevthefatty's Tacoma Gallery
Warning canadian buyers: Wheelers offroad experience....

Be careful if you order from wheelers and live outside the all mighty America.......I don't feel right bad mouthing any company.....but just be warned about their shipping methods.....CALL FIRST!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
care to elaborate considering they are one of the most helpful, best places to buy from?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
trevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud of
First, let me say that I didn't post that just to bad mouth Wheelers - I'm not going to sit here and argue with anyone. I was simply reporting my experience. I know they're a great company.....but again; if you're ordering from outside the U.S. - CALL them BEFORE you order and make sure you get a shipping quote because their website is a little misleading....
Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevthefatty View Post
First, let me say that I didn't post that just to bad mouth Wheelers - I'm not going to sit here and argue with anyone. I was simply reporting my experience. I know they're a great company.....but again; if you're ordering from outside the U.S. - CALL them BEFORE you order and make sure you get a shipping quote because their website is a little misleading....
Bad mouthing is giving a negative review without an back up. If you can pass along good info/feedback about what happened-That's good for the next guy.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Sorry Brunes...I don't quite understand you're last post there....I don't have any good info/feedback....

Backup?? like I said, I didn't post that to start a war with you guys lol. I'm just posting what happened to me....like it or not....

FYI: they state on their shipping page that they ship via the most reasonable method; either UPS or USPS. Anyways.....I figure they could have gone with USPS - a difference of $75 US......for a couple of $35 items.....basically my shocks doubled in price.....
Old 05-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
That is what I was saying. You just posted up "They have bad shipping" (paraphrased) without any story about what happened to you.

Without telling us (and the guys from Wheelers who are on the site) what exactly didn't go the way you had hoped...There is no way for it to get fixed.

I didn't mean good in the "positive" sense of the word...I meant good is in "meaningful"-like actual information that people can makes changes/decisions from.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
oic ic...no I didn't get what you were saying man - now I do....and I didn't just post on here first thing...I have been in contact with them since I received my order....like i said...I hate coming on here and talking bad about anyone....
Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
You are better off to ship to a P.O. box near the border if you can, and go over and pick up the stuff. Or if you must, only ship via USPS, or get ready to get ass raped in shipping and brokerage fees (yes learned from experience).
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
It's most likely not them but UPS and their very expensive brokerage fees. I always make sure when I'm ordering from the states. Sounds more like your mistake than theirs.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oic ic...no I didn't get what you were saying man - now I do....and I didn't just post on here first thing...I have been in contact with them since I received my order....like i said...I hate coming on here and talking bad about anyone....
You seem pretty reasonable about it...Posting reviews is fair game...even if it's not good.
Just want to make sure folks that might be thinking about using them get the full story...
Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
yeah exactly Canadianboy - thanks......so why didn't they ship via USPS like they claimed??
Old 05-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah exactly Canadianboy - thanks......so why didn't they ship via USPS like they claimed??
a lot of it has to do with paperwork on their part i believe. i think usps was more of a hassle to ship to canada then ups (if i recall correctly)

i could be wrong though
Old 05-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
yeah i guess it is silly to post something like that without give the details eh Brunes...I agree...I just didn't want to make a big deal out it lol....I know those guys are great....I just wanted to warn other International buyers....
BTW AK27, you're right, it says right on their shipping page about the pain in the rear for them and the paperwork......but it does say they go with USPS....I guess a little extra paperwork costs around $75 these days.....
P.S. I wonder what this paperwork actually entails.....I have been shipping things to and from the U.S. for many years now....just wonder what this big "pain in the rear" is for you guys....considering we're supposed to have a free trade agreement in North American or something (don't really know what I'm talking about since the "p.s.")
Old 05-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #17
Redballs is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 2nd Lieutenant
Redballs's Tacoma Gallery
Next time you order from them request that they ship it USPS. UPS usually ships a lot faster and cost more than USPS for orders to Canada, because most USPS packages spend 7 to 10 days at the border waiting to go through customs.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:45 AM   #18
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
USPS is generally cheaper to ship things to Canada, however, once you upgrade to a service level with a reliable tracking system the costs almost equal out with UPS. There is no doubt that UPS is more convenient.

Give them a call and ask them why they chose the shipping methos that they did, they are pretty reasonable people and I think that we all would be interested in their response. It is always wise to call for shipping quotes, especially when going international.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #19
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
From a seller's viewpoint, we cringed when someone from Canada won one my friend's ebay auctions. Sometimes the fees that were charged to our customers were almost as much as the merchandise. They weren't charged to us, but were charged to the customer when they went to pick up their goods (used Jr Dragster parts). The only plus is that our customers knew that was coming.

Tim Glover
Old 05-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
yeah...I LIVE in Canada and know all about shipping things across the border......I just thought they would have done what their website claimed is all.....