LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Hydraulic Jack (it went boom)

Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #21
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i'm looking at upgrading my jack at some point in time. The 2 1/4 just seems to work awefully hard lifting the truck and its not tall enough.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #22
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
yeah i'm looking at upgrading my jack at some point in time. The 2 1/4 just seems to work awefully hard lifting the truck and its not tall enough.
i hear ya, I was already looking to upgrade to a 3 ton from the 2 and 1/4......the "explosion" of the 2 and 1/4 just made me get it sooner. i've only used it twice now, but i'm verry happy i purchased it, it makes a world a difference
Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #23
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up HD jacks

I picked up 2 Astroline floor jacks back in the 80,s One is 30 years old and the other is 25. Both still work great and will pick up the front of my tractor with ease. I think i paid around 200 bucks each but well worth the money. The only problem with heavy duty jacks are their weight. mine are around 90 lbs per.
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Jack (it went boom)-p5190448.jpg   Hydraulic Jack (it went boom)-p5190450.jpg  
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
We have 2 of the Harbor freight 2 1/4 ton steel HD floorjacks at work and they have been abused beyond their design for 5 years now, They are still leak free and work nice. I just bought the same one for home use.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #25
Resmondo has a spectacular aura aboutResmondo has a spectacular aura about
Name: Cody
Resmondo's Tacoma Gallery
GRAY jacks!!!! FTW My dad owns a transmisison shop and has buku use out of his jacks. All floor jacks are gray, not his car lifts though.......and they work to this day, no flaws. He's been in business with the original jacks he bought for over 15 yrs. BUKU workage!! haha
Old 05-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #26
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
harbor freight represent!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #27
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
harbor freight represent!

hell yeah! they get shit for having "crappy tools", but i think it's just people using them wrong. i've never broken anything i bought there
Old 05-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #28
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
hell yeah! they get shit for having "crappy tools", but i think it's just people using them wrong. i've never broken anything i bought there
Well the only time they have let me down was my impact wrench was supposed to take out my crank shaft bolt and it didn't, but my jack works awesome and the impact for the most part is functional.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #29

did it actually break/malfunction, or was it just not strong enough? i have looked into getting an impact from them, and they sell a wide range of torque capacities.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
did it actually break/malfunction, or was it just not strong enough? i have looked into getting an impact from them, and they sell a wide range of torque capacities.
It has not broken or malfunctioned, just not as powerful as I would have liked it to be, I have already upgraded so i dont think i will have any problems any more
Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #31

good deal. mind me asking which two you are reffering too...i'm in the research stage right now
Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #32
Resmondo has a spectacular aura aboutResmondo has a spectacular aura about
Name: Cody
Resmondo's Tacoma Gallery
Snap-on for best quality forsure......and they have a lifetime warranty on most everything they make. Did I mention best? haha
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #33

The one I first used was this, central pneumatic 46015 similar to this

I still have the other one but for bigger jobs I picked this up from my grand father
Sun pt1000 an old ass version of this

Ive only ever used the sun one once because its huge
Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #34

holly hell, is that a one inch drive?! that should get just about any job done. thanks for the pictures and part#