1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heat pump shot craps! HVAC Help!

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by High-Gear, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    High-Gear

High-Gear [OP] Zombie Killer

Member:
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, DR / Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg UCA, TSB with AAL, Walker Evans 2.0 reservoir rear shocks, ARB Bull Bar, Smittybilt 10K Comp Winch, ARE Camper Shell, Con-Ferr Safari Rack, 4 KC Highlights on rack, 2 KC Rallye 800 on Bumper Armortech Off Road plate rear bumper. Firestone Airbags in rear, with Firestone compressor.
    Hopefully someone can help me here. Tonight I realized it was hotter than hell in my house. Initially I blamed my wife for screwing with the thermostat, but when I checked it the thermostat was set at 72, but the temp showed to be 83. I could hear the heat pump running, so I felt one of the vents and could not feel any air moving.

I went downstairs and noticed moisture dripping from the line that runs from the outdoor unit to the furnace / blower. The side of the blower box was wet with condensation. I noticed the humidifier was still on (forgot to close the vent which runs to it this spring. I went outside to the heatpump and found thick ice where the line exits from the unit and runs into the house.

What would cause this, and am I totally screwed?????????????

2. May 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
  3. May 24, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    High-Gear

High-Gear [OP] Zombie Killer

Member:
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, DR / Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg UCA, TSB with AAL, Walker Evans 2.0 reservoir rear shocks, ARB Bull Bar, Smittybilt 10K Comp Winch, ARE Camper Shell, Con-Ferr Safari Rack, 4 KC Highlights on rack, 2 KC Rallye 800 on Bumper Armortech Off Road plate rear bumper. Firestone Airbags in rear, with Firestone compressor.
    ^^^^Thanks Bro!^^^^^

4. May 24, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Turn the system off and let it thaw out. Also clean out your drain line and check your filter. If either of them are clogged up, they will cause problems like you mentioned (ask me how I know this)

Hope it's nothing serious.

5. May 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.

Products Discussed in