Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Gas can falls over?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Gas can falls over?

I did a little trail run one day and had my dog in a crate in the bed. I ended up scaring the shit out of her, literally. I never had a problem with her roaming the bed so I let her. A ways up the trail I stopped to walk a fork in the road and heard her whining. I turned and realized my gas can had fallen over and the gas was soaking her paws. Poor dog! She ended up being okay and didn't ingest any fuel so thank god! I didn't however want this to happen again so I got to fabbing a gas can bracket that mounts right to the rail system.

Here it is with the gas can in it.

Clearance

Mount, two holes for bed mat and no bed mat

It's a tight fit as to not go anywhere so instead of pulling it out.......

Just syphon it!

Lemme know if anyone else wants one of these? I could do another for $50 or so...

Also sick of the front tire on my bike turning and loosening up, crashing down onto the bedrails.
My solution;

Also did a cb antenna mount

Got parts back from getting "wrinkle finish"

Grounded the front rail for the antenna
Old 05-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Very creative!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
very creative!
thx yo!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man. Looks good
Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing job! Props!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
pretty nice fab work man! good job!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea. I have a low profile Boat tank that I use when going waay out into the sticks. There isn't many places that warrant using it, but I need it when going out to my buddies place in west Texas. It has a 17 gallon capacity and takes up very little room, hardly any more than my VP jugs. The nice thing about the boat tank, is that you don't really have to secure it, because the weight will keep it put, and the low profile design will keep it from tumbling over.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit. thats genius [hooking it up to the bed rail system]. Nice job!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Good idea. I have a low profile Boat tank that I use when going waay out into the sticks. There isn't many places that warrant using it, but I need it when going out to my buddies place in west Texas. It has a 17 gallon capacity and takes up very little room, hardly any more than my VP jugs. The nice thing about the boat tank, is that you don't really have to secure it, because the weight will keep it put, and the low profile design will keep it from tumbling over.
I know exactly what you are talking about! I have a 5 gal boat tank also. I've also seen a water/fuel tank that is a very slim rectangular design intended for behind reg cab seats. That would probably fit nicely on the bed/cab wall.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty cool. Nice job. Your dog will be much happier, now you just need to put a chain on her too..
Attached Thumbnails
Gas can falls over?-captured-2007-12-3-00000.jpg   Gas can falls over?-captured-2007-12-3-00003.jpg   Gas can falls over?-captured-2004-3-28-00012.jpg  
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #12
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
That's pretty cool. Nice job. Your dog will be much happier, now you just need to put a chain on her too..
Not offroading! Or ever! I would rather her be thrown clear in a rollover as opposed to being tied to a 3000lb crushing machine. I live in vegas but was raised in the country. F* these big down animal rights bitches!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well my dog gets pretty crazy in the back of the bed like it's a carnival ride so it's a must for mine, plus it's illegal w/o it. Why do you keep bumping your thread? Are you selling these or just want people to see it?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well my dog gets pretty crazy in the back of the bed like it's a carnival ride so it's a must for mine, plus it's illegal w/o it. Why do you keep bumping your thread? Are you selling these or just want people to see it?
I'll make more to sell if people want them. I know it is illegal. However, I have had officers stop along my bed just to check out my dogs. I have been doing this for almost 3 years and have never had a hassle. Now that we are talking about it though, I might. What kind of dog do you have? I got a new shepherd and put a crate in the back for him and slowly began working him out of it. Started off road so if he did jump out there was no harm. He did it twice near the beginning but never since.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
Taco Vending Machine

Believe me I do think about how bad it would be in a roll over, but for this dog it really is a must. She's a awesome dog, but when riding in the bed she just gets way too crazy and barks non stop, like she's trying to herd every vehicle on the road. I just keep it in the slow lane and pray all the idiots stay away from me and know we'll be fine if they do. I also replaced the plastic clip on her harness with metal. I'm sure you'll end up selling some of the holders, they look tasteful.
Attached Thumbnails
Gas can falls over?-ginger-tree.jpg   Gas can falls over?-av-fans-00008.jpg   Gas can falls over?-new-wheels-notch-pics-00023.jpg  
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #20
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Believe me I do think about how bad it would be in a roll over, but for this dog it really is a must. She's a awesome dog, but when riding in the bed she just gets way too crazy and barks non stop, like she's trying to herd every vehicle on the road. I just keep it in the slow lane and pray all the idiots stay away from me and know we'll be fine if they do. I also replaced the plastic clip on her harness with metal. I'm sure you'll end up selling some of the holders, they look tasteful.
You should get her a harness to hook her up to, not her collar.