Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

New Garage Floor

Old 07-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #21
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
NICE! looks great! I plan on doing this to my garage in the fall when I build the cabinets in there. I love the look of the clear top coat.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #22
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Thanks for the info bro. Both my girl & I noticed a good difference after the 2nd coat. It just amazed me that it didn't take alot of the clearcoat to cover the entire garage even for 2 coats. That stuff was very waterbased. I noticed the haze when it dried if it was in a small puddle when I didn't roll it out evenly on the 1st coat. I think its worth it to put on a 2nd coat.
My pleasure. OK, I hear you.....this is what I experienced. I think I probably put it on a tad too thick in a few small spots and it dried with a light whitish haze. The spots were very small and hardly noticeable. Boy, what I did find out is if you drip sweat on the floor, or have a drop of water, this stuff will NOT cover it......as the directions say, make sure the floor is thoroughly dry. I admire your effort because I know what a pain the prep and etching is. The final product is worth it! I will put down the 2nd clearcoat soon. Enjoy your floor!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #23
i work for the Empire
JustTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief A/R
Name: justin
JustTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow that is nice
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #24
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: San Antonio Fire Department
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
My pleasure. OK, I hear you.....this is what I experienced. I think I probably put it on a tad too thick in a few small spots and it dried with a light whitish haze. The spots were very small and hardly noticeable. Boy, what I did find out is if you drip sweat on the floor, or have a drop of water, this stuff will NOT cover it......as the directions say, make sure the floor is thoroughly dry. I admire your effort because I know what a pain the prep and etching is. The final product is worth it! I will put down the 2nd clearcoat soon. Enjoy your floor!
Prep & etching took a good amount of elbow grease but definitly worth it in the end. Check out the final look.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...ml#post1989667