Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Welder messed up my slider install

Old 06-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #41
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
what would Hacksaw Jim Duggan do?
He'd ask his buddy to eyeball the setup to make sure it's straight before welding it up.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #42
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
Shawneily's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my god......
Old 06-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #43
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You need to go back, and punch him righ tin the face. NOW!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #44
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
Shawneily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post

That... V.S

how its suppose to be done. WTF was this idiot thinking?!?! I want to come up there myself and kick this guys ass.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #45
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
oh my god man. i'm sorry, and i know you're mad, but it's kind of hilarious.

just look at it as a learning experience. at least your only loss was a case of beer and some time.

take it back to him, explain how they are ACTUALLY supposed to be installed and let him do it. i feel like he should be very willing to correct the mistake.

good luck!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #46
Nathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
Nathan's Tacoma Gallery
wait, did you give him cheap beer or the good stuff?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #47
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
At least he didn't install them perpendicular to the body, like wings. I think that's the only way he could have hosed it up more than he did....
This thread rocks!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #48
Farva is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Justin
Farva's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man, This thread prompted me to run out and double check the welded on sliders on my new/used 98. Looks like the PO had them welded in this fashion, straight to the frame with no mounting plates. Sounds like these are pretty crucial... is it worth having them hacked off and re-welded with mounting plates???
Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #49
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
THis is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #50
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Way too short, what were they designed for? I wouldn't trust those to really protect anything other than the door. But how they are mounted will protect everything cause you have no ground clearance LOL>>>sorry.

I've also learned the hard way to stay and watch people perform work that was discussed with friends cause they are known to do what they thought was best..and it ends up being a WTF happened ordeal

Hang in there it can be fixed...get some longer ones sell those ones here probably for std cab taco or you got taken on that deal too

oh and countdown till this pic is in the WTF thread...1,2,3,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #51
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Oh man, This thread prompted me to run out and double check the welded on sliders on my new/used 98. Looks like the PO had them welded in this fashion, straight to the frame with no mounting plates. Sounds like these are pretty crucial... is it worth having them hacked off and re-welded with mounting plates???
Depends. How often so you rock crawl and use them to support the weight of the truck?

If you don't, you should be fine and it's not worth the trouble to remove/modify/reinstall.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #52
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just think of them as speedbump 'feelers' for now...
Old 06-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #53
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Kill him maybe but she is a better ride than the truck!!!
thats great......lol
Old 06-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #54
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic, but how you likin your Tundra? I just got one priced today for a possible pick up when I get back from this deployment. How's it do off road?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #55
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
oh and countdown till this pic is in the WTF thread...1,2,3,[/quote]

you fail too.. you counted up...
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #58
rangejeep is on a distinguished road

rangejeep's Tacoma Gallery
Sell Tundra to CarMax or park it in garage....4 EVER!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 AM   #59
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
lol, man that is funny. just buy him another case of beer and help
him get it right. that way you can get it fixed, smooth things over with the guy and your girl,
and get drunk all at the same time. it is a win, win, win.