1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front loader washer question

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by coffeesnob, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jul 17, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Hope someone can help. We have a front loader samsung washer and dryer. It's about two years old a few months ago the little cup that you put fabic softner into fills up with water about halfway after doing a load. Also if you put softner into it it doesn't get sucked out. The detergent side is right beside it and it works just fine. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Jul 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Try to take it apart and clean it out?? Sound like it's just clogged....

3. Jul 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I don't have a samsung. I have a Whirlpool Neptune....So, not sure I can help you or not.

Are you sure the fluids get 'sucked' out of the cups? With mine...I have to fill the cup up with softener to a 'fill line'. The water pours in there and the mixture of water/fluid flows over the top of the cup. There is no 'sucking' action. On mine, if you remove the cup....there is no holes in the bottom. If you don't fill the fluid up to the 'fill line', it doesn't work properly and leaves water/fluid left behind after the load is done.

This website is frigin awesome for finding some answers to appliance problems.
    http://applianceguru.com/

4. Jul 17, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    No, not sure if the fluids get sucked out. What you say though makes sense that water gets added to softner and then pours out, but even so, there is ALWAYS water in the cup that never used to be there when the machine was brand new and when I do put softner in it after the load is done it still looks milky so I don't know if any at all is going in the tub or not.

5. Jul 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Those dispensers use a siphon action to dispense softner and bleach. If you manually pour water into the dispenser where you put your bleach or softner, you will see what I am talking about. Insufficient water flow to that cup in the dispenser will cause what you are describing.

Possible causes: Low water flow from house water supply, bad water valve inside machine, clogged passages in the dispenser itself. There may also be a mechanical linkage that switches the dispenser into different modes.

Take the hoses off the back of the machine and look for debris caught in the filter screens in the machine's water inlet valves. Also check the house end of the hoses for any filter screens that may be installed there. Be very careful not to get any debris in the machine valve while cleaning the screens.

Pull the dispenser drawer out and look for the water passages located on the roof of the dispenser compartment. If anything looks clogged, try to clean with a paperclip.

If you can get the machine's top panel off, check for any obvious broken mechanical parts on the dispenser linkage.

This problem usually results in the dispenser assembly getting replaced. The small passages inside the dispenser get clogged up from hard water.

6. Jul 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    i'll check the hoses, the dispenser drawer is not clogged ,thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top