1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Great Neck Tools

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by tango59, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    tango59

tango59 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4X4
    A "We Sell Tools" just opened nearby and I stopped in today. Decent prices and a life time, in store replacement warranty. They worth the try ?

2. Jul 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I've seen that brand in Autozone.....never tried it. Looks kind of cheap to me. Lifetime warranty doesn't mean a whole lot to me if I have to keep bringing it back, and never know how long "We Sell Tools" will be around. At least with Craftsman, it's not real likely that Sears will go away.

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    Great Neck are alittle cheaper, I've bought a few replacement sockets seems ok so far. I had some way off brand and the socket was thin and cracked on the side, the great Neck replacement was better, not the best not the worst. :D

4. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    If you are looking for "Not Quite Professional Grade" tools, Craftsman brand is hard to beat. They have improved their qualiy from a few years back. Look at the "Professional" grade Craftsman tools. I think you will like them. If you can, buy them in sets rather than individual pieces, much cheaper.

For true "Professional " grade tools you are now looking at Snap-On or Mac. These are tools for a Lifetime and beyond.

5. Aug 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    philpatton

philpatton Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Eunice NM
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I'm to poor to buy cheap tools. With tools as with moth things you get what you pay for.

At one time Craftsman was great but they are now made in China, check it out if you don't believe me.

Look on e-bay and you will find that you can buy MAC, Snap-On, Blackhawk, S&K cheaper than Craftsman and they all come with a lifetime warranty.

Bonnie, which was a professional line of tools has gone out of business and you can buy their tools for what they were selling to their distributers. Do a search on-line for this deal.

Of course buy cheap tools if you are going to use them only once.

Products Discussed in

To Top