1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Welder

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by oldsman71442, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM
    oldsman71442

oldsman71442 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    oahu HI/ Redding CA
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    I just bought a brand new welder from my neighbor for 350 bucks... Its a Lincoln Weldpack 140 HD with the gas hook up and everything. The welder has never been plugged in or anything... I thought it was a good price so i just googled it and found a refurb one for 410 on ebay and the cheapest one was 754 that i found... Just thought I got a good deal and would share!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    hell yea man thats a great deal get a good grinder and cut off saw and start making some stuff !

3. Apr 11, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    JESSMAN

JESSMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    ARB BUMPER WARN M 8000 LIGHT FORCE LIGHTS Bill 5100 DOWNY FRONT LIFT RANCHO OLD MAN E REAR and JERRY CAN IN THE BED
    :cool: Sound good!!! next mouth you can come to Reno weld on my sliders!!!:D

4. Apr 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    stenyeart

stenyeart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.

This is a home depot model of lincoln welders. The HD does not stand for Heavy Duty or anything, it stands for Home Depot. You would be looking at 500-550 to go buy it there today. It should be a great welder for you and you got a steal on it. I bought a Lincoln Weldpak 175 HD and havent had any problems with it at all. Great welders.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Apr 12, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    oldsman71442

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    oahu HI/ Redding CA
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Yeah I see your correct. Oh well I still feel like I got a good deal. Im sure it will do everything I need it to do. I'm not doing anything crazy and there are bigger welders at work that I can use if I need something larger. This will be great for around the house.

6. Apr 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM
    cjh

cjh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 doublecab
    A really good deal. You can get a shielding gas kit for those too. They are like $100. You still have to buy the gas bottle, but it lets you weld thinner materials and get cleaner welds. The flux core wire is okay for general welding though.

7. Apr 12, 2010 at 3:52 AM
    oldsman71442

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    oahu HI/ Redding CA
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    It came with the Shielding welding gas kit... Just no bottle but I can get one... I defiantly plan on using gas.

8. Apr 12, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    cjh

cjh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 doublecab
    That makes the deal even better. I think harbor freight has small gas bottles for around $50. If you plan on using it a lot check with a welding/gas supply house, you can lease tanks for a reasonable amount. One other thing I have found is to use the lincoln wire and not the cheaper stuff from lowes/harbor freight. I bought a roll of the cheap stuff and ended up tossing it. The welds with that wire seemed to be kind of crappy. Don't know what the difference was, but it was noticeable to me. I think a 10# spool is like $45 and it will last you a long time. The solid core wire is a little less than the flux core wire. If you have never loaded a spool before, a word of caution, hold the end of the wire tight when feeding it through the roller or else it will uncoil like a slinky. Don't ask how I know, one mistake you will only make once. Have fun with your new toy!

Products Discussed in

To Top