Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

If You Had To Replace Your Tacoma Regarding MPG...

Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #41
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
My Girlfriends Mazda3 averages 31mpg. She bought it new for around $16,000. It has the 2.0L which is plenty for a commuter car.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #42
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
Also think about this... if you trade, the dealer is not going to give you crap for your truck but you will pay full price for the car you buy... this difference could be $2000.00 or more.... it will take you years of fuel savings to make up the difference....

Thanks my take anyway,

Greg
Ive done the math as well and I appreciate the heads up. I would never trade the truck as its street value is currently several thousand more than trade. Also one of the first rules of purchasing a new car is not mentioning trade until the very last minute. That being said, Id probably be looking at low mileage used cars. Who knows...probably not likely Ill be getting rid of the truck anyway.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #44
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'd go with a Honda Accord... I think it has plenty get up and go and is a very nice car. It'll easily average 30mpg with a medium-heavy foot for the 4 cyc.
x2, go with honda in the small car market.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #45
2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future2gtacoma has a brilliant future
Name: Daniel
2gtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
for me a new accord coupe. idk i like the look. Maybe a civic but it would only be an 4dr si
Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #46
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Tdi.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #47
Banned
Tacoma3232 will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Fireman, EMT
Name: Brandon
Tacoma3232's Tacoma Gallery
Ill sell you my 2006 Ford ranger it dynos at 160hp for the 2.3l 4 cylinder. I just went from San Diego to Sacramento and averaged 28 mpg my best is 29 on Fuelly type in "My Truck" and its under bdeloach as the account.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #48
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::childstoy:: View Post
A 4 banger taco???

Just downgrade but keep it real... Well as real as a 4 banger gets I guess. lol

Shoot, I like my 4-banger. Plus, it averages 22-23mpg, and got 26 recently on an all highway trip.

Tim
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #49
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
Per Consumer's Guide, the Honda Fit has nearly a perfect reliability record and is gas only. I test drove one, accelleration lacks excitement.........except for that 18 wheeler cold-nosing you from the back. Very flexible interior with seats folding out of the way for bulky items to be hauled. I haven't driven the Toyota Yaris, but I'm sure it too, shares many of the attributes. But dang, it just isn't a truck. Pickups are so handy for hauling oily mowers, musty firewood, and what is left of somebody's motorcycle. Just hose it out, very practical. I would go into withdrawl without my lil' pickup.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #50
Richc2048 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electronic Warfare Tech 3rd class (former)
Name: Richard
Richc2048's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always looking for a Honda crx. Those suckers get real good mileage. And fun to drive. It's like a go cart. There's a kid down the street with one that won't sell it to me. I got $1,200 I keep with me for that reason. So far, no takers.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #51
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Your new car is going to have to get REALLY good mileage if it's going to save enough gas to pay for a new car payment (assuming the Taco is almost paid off), as well as the increase in your insurance rates for a newer vehicle.

The most economical vehicle you will ever own is the one parked in your driveway without a payment.
If you are ready to replace your existing vehicle, then fine... make the replacement an economical vehicle, but unless you are driving an H1-Alpha, you will never save money by buying a new vehicle vs keeping the existing one.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #52
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
WRX or STI
Old 08-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #53
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
raptor.
I am personally working on making the seattle area more like southern cali in regards to climate. this is purly for personal gain, as I like warm weather, and feel the property value of my house will go up if our rain goes away. I will offset your offset carbons.. bitches. :-)
Old 08-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #54
Taco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
Taco Fish's Tacoma Gallery
My wife does a ton of around town driving being a Realtor. She just bought a Lexus ct200h. Gets about 45 MPG. Surprisingly fun car to drive and turns heads. She loves it.

We test drove a Chevy Volt. I was super impressed with the technology. If I were mainly running around town and didn't haul and tow stuff I would get one. Some people that drive 40-50 miles per day go six months or more without putting gas in them. It costs about $30 a month to charge if you drive the 40-50 miles a day. If you go on a long trip it goes into hybrid mode after that range and gets 45 MPG. The deals are pretty amazing on them right now too. They are having problems moving them and doing like $10k incentives. You also get $7,500 federal tax credit and $3,500 PA tax credit here in PA.

I would probably buy a used Jetta Sportwagen TDI though.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #55
Thomas Jefferson is on a distinguished road
Name: Derrick
Thomas Jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy a mighty stallion. Freeway's could be an issue though.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #56
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Probably a Subaru of some flavor
Old 08-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #57
Taco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to beholdTaco Fish is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
Taco Fish's Tacoma Gallery
I'm driving a 2009 Subaru Forester right now (hand me down from my wife). Been driving it for a few years. I pick up my Tacoma next week. Selling the Subaru.

Gas mileage is not that impressive. I only get 22.2 MPG no matter how I drive.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #58
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Look at a Scion they make some pretty nice cars and are the #1 in cost of repairs they just don't break. We have an "06" XB (wife's) and nothing at all have gone wrong with it the only thing we have replaced is the battery. I commuted 100 miles a day in a VW TDI I drove it like I stole it no matter how hard I tried I never got less then 50 mpg it was a ball to drive and the most comfortable car I ever owned but it also was the most expensive one to maintain.