Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

People at autozone don't know shit

Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
People at autozone don't know shit

To make a long story short, my battery died completely..it was done for, to old..anyway I had a tow truck jump me, I drive to autozone for a new battery, I get an optima yellow top for 245. I put it in and realize it's to small. Go to autozone next morning and they won't refund the battery. I go to the dealership and they say the battery is the wrong size and the cca is too low. So I now need to go back to autozone and demand a refund even though they say they won't cause it's been installed. I shoulda just towed my truck last night to save the hassle and aggravation. Rant off
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What do you expect? They rely on a computer they barely know how to use to give them the info they need. Check Optima's website for the correct battery info. If you put the battery terminals on the battery then I think you are pretty much stuck with it.

Edit: I did it for you.
Part Number: D35 (8040-218)

Do you really need a yellow top?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Those places are hit or miss. Some locations actually have very knowledgable people working there, but mostly its just a bunch of kids who drive lowered Honda Civics with fart can exhausts (at least that was the case where I live).

Sucks about your battery, good luck with the refund.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
..or they drive an old pos Saturn SC1, aka my daughter. Oh well, at least she's learning about cars a little now that she's working there
Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
They know where the fake stick on fender vents and hubcap spinners YO
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's how it is with all places now, bunch of 18 year old's that think they know everything.

I'm confused why they wont refund or exchange the battery back? If you drop the battery in and it's too small why would it be a problem? It wasn't installed if too small, right?
I got a battery from them for my sisters Lexus, the + and - was on the wrong side (wires are too short to reach across), and they exchanged it for the right one, no problems at all.

Maybe you should call up their corporate headquarters and see what they say on it. Unless you used it, or caused damage to the plastic, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'm just amazed on how much they follow what the computer says. I wish I could have put an optima battery in my truck, I always wanted to put one in my truck. Next time I'll put an optima in my truck. But I learned something today. The heavy duty battery in the tow package tacomas are only from the factory, dealerships don't supply them...
Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Those places are hit or miss. Some locations actually have very knowledgable people working there, but mostly its just a bunch of kids who drive lowered Honda Civics with fart can exhausts (at least that was the case where I live).

Sucks about your battery, good luck with the refund.
Your absolutely right
Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
This isnt an attack against the OP or anyone that fels the same way as him, but you have to give these kids a break. We know the ins and outs of our trucks. We work on them, we buy parts, we know the difference between all the models. But if I asked you for a replacement part for a 99 Dodge Neon, do you know as much? You would need a computer to tell you the part too. If the computer was wrong, how would you know? Granted, these kids are probably not working their dream job, so they aren't really putting out the full effort they should be. But hey, are any of us REALLY giving our all? Autozone is an entry level job. There are some guys that know their stuff, and others that dont. All I can say is give them a break.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
This isnt an attack against the OP or anyone that fels the same way as him, but you have to give these kids a break. We know the ins and outs of our trucks. We work on them, we buy parts, we know the difference between all the models. But if I asked you for a replacement part for a 99 Dodge Neon, do you know as much? You would need a computer to tell you the part too. If the computer was wrong, how would you know? Granted, these kids are probably not working their dream job, so they aren't really putting out the full effort they should be. But hey, are any of us REALLY giving our all? Autozone is an entry level job. There are some guys that know their stuff, and others that dont. All I can say is give them a break.
Gonna X2 this...
Old 08-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
Except the autozone near my house has a 60 year old stubborn guy and a mid 30s guy working there
Old 08-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #13
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Except the autozone near my house has a 60 year old stubborn guy and a mid 30s guy working there
A retired guy who has been forced to go back to work and he hates life. And a 30 something guy that finally stopped smoking pot and living at home and now has a "career".

I would understand more if they were at a specialty shop, or even the dealer. They are expected to know what's going on, and even they don't half of the time. Just saying, people at autozone aren't always the most qualified or skilled, usually they just end up working there because it's a paycheck. I dont think they are offering the autozone cashier class at Wyotech yet...
Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
To make a long story short, my battery died completely..it was done for, to old..anyway I had a tow truck jump me, I drive to autozone for a new battery, I get an optima yellow top for 245. I put it in and realize it's to small. Go to autozone next morning and they won't refund the battery. I go to the dealership and they say the battery is the wrong size and the cca is too low. So I now need to go back to autozone and demand a refund even though they say they won't cause it's been installed. I shoulda just towed my truck last night to save the hassle and aggravation. Rant off
fuck autozone.when they asked what color the truck was to replace battery you should have ran
Old 08-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #15
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
This is very true, I agree completely. I think the issue is when they don't make the extra effort to make sure what pops up on the screen is the right part. Thats what gets annoying, when you get a response like "Ummm...well I'm not really sure if this is what your looking for but we have it in stock" that you think, why did I even come here in the first place, this guy knows no more than I do. You go to an auto parts store to get help finding the part you need, and sometimes, for many reasons, they just can't/don't/won't do it. Give 'em a break, yea... but they also need to learn to do their job well, and that has to start with someone
Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
Optima batteries are great, but greatly expensive too! It's true, it's hit and miss with any Autozone. It all depends who's working there. I bought an Interstate battery last year. No problems!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I use Autozone but I do my research on the parts I need and I make sure I get the part I need.

So did they even give you the right model? I thought they gave me too small of battery for my Ranger but it turns out I wasn't using the plastic adapter.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
245.00 for a battery? Are all Tacoma replacements this expensive?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
yeah its really hit and miss with most of those autopart stores

some special ones like Carquest, Westbay (local) usually have people that know something, otherwise you just ask them to point you to the airfreshners and thats it!