LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

LTB a new vehicle

Old 08-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
LTB a new vehicle

got a corolla
Old 08-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
bump, anyone have experience with a 1990 nissan 300zx?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy has a 300z twin turbo...not sure of the year! But those things are nice and extremely fast!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bret
Bretsuaz48's Tacoma Gallery
For a college car, I would definitely buy Japanese. I would stick with a Camry, Accord, Civic, Corolla, etc. Something that is economical, reliable and easy to fix.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz48 View Post
For a college car, I would definitely buy Japanese. I would stick with a Camry, Accord, Civic, Corolla, etc. Something that is economical, reliable and easy to fix.

x2 cant go wrong with those choices. You would be taking less of a risk. Or a 1st gen Taco
Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
my buddy has a 300z twin turbo...not sure of the year! But those things are nice and extremely fast!
yea i searched on youtube and one had 540 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz48 View Post
The 300zx is japanese but economical, nope . It's just a sexy car though. The one I'm looking at is gorgeous but it has 150k on her.

http://www.mautofied.com/1990-Nissan...ing/100305720/

I looked up new engines and they're a little under $2,000. Could probably purchase that later down the road.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
x2 cant go wrong with those choices. You would be taking less of a risk. Or a 1st gen Taco

yes that'd be awesome but i'm just not having any luck finding one i like and in my price range. i check mautofied.com, autotrader.com, and cars.com almost every day lol.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
college car id go with a civic great on gas and not a eye sore like most in the same class i roll a 00 SI to and from work
Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked into going to an auction. With that cash im sure you can get a really nice car. No mark ups and probably late models.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Accords are a reliable car, fairly cheap and safe.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
tacos89 is on a distinguished road
tacos89's Tacoma Gallery
my taco
Old 08-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Have you looked into going to an auction. With that cash im sure you can get a really nice car. No mark ups and probably late models.
where would i go to find out about auctions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Accords are a reliable car, fairly cheap and safe.
my best friend has a silver honda accord. and for some reason the only accords i see around here are the exact same color. be weird to have the same exact car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos89 View Post
my taco
is your taco in my price range? and you live is cali. i'd have to pay a vehicle delivery service also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
college car id go with a civic great on gas and not a eye sore like most in the same class i roll a 00 SI to and from work
yea a civic si would be straight but i'm retarded and dont know how to drive a manual
Old 08-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
I would call your local police dept and ask where the nearest auto auction yard is seeing how they take in drug cars and all. Or contact a local car dealer and ask them for a public auction yard.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
I had a civic and loved it.great on gas even with the mods I did.look on yahoo auto's that's were I found my last 4 rides.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
found this 4runner. after paying off my loan i only have $4,000 and i am unemployed at the moment. that is what i offered the guy. do yall think she is worth it? i really dont want to get anything else besides a toyota and this is all i can afford. idk when i'm going to find another job plus the time to save up more money. i just dont want to drive my dads truck, dropping him off and picking him up from work. i need my own vehicle. tell me what you guys think. it says it needs a new a/c compressor. any info helps

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 08-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
bump for my new name lol.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #18
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I had a '95 Toyota Avalon for my college car. I wasn't thrilled when I got it, but once I appreciated what it was, it was perfect for me, and I wish I still had it. Leather, power seats, moonroof, woodgrain, looked very classy, and a V6 that got me 32 mpg on the highway. I'd highly recommend one, or the Camry with the V6, to you for a college car. And you can get one cheap. Mine had 235k on it when I hit a deer, and it looked and ran like new. Best car I ever owned.

My advice: Stick with a "reasonable" car for a college ride, like has been said. Because if you're living college life like you should, you will at some point have 10 people in the car, someone will puke in it, you will screw a girl in it multiple times, and you will beat it to hell. Get something Japanese and economical. Once you're done with school, reward yourself with something nice.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #19
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
get a Jetta TDI. it's diesel so it's much more fuel efficient for your college days. seats 5, 4 door and drives real nice, VW is also a very strong car to buy, with great resale. im guessing you could get about an 01 for that kinda money.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
I had a '95 Toyota Avalon for my college car. I wasn't thrilled when I got it, but once I appreciated what it was, it was perfect for me, and I wish I still had it. Leather, power seats, moonroof, woodgrain, looked very classy, and a V6 that got me 32 mpg on the highway. I'd highly recommend one, or the Camry with the V6, to you for a college car. And you can get one cheap. Mine had 235k on it when I hit a deer, and it looked and ran like new. Best car I ever owned.

My advice: Stick with a "reasonable" car for a college ride, like has been said. Because if you're living college life like you should, you will at some point have 10 people in the car, someone will puke in it, you will screw a girl in it multiple times, and you will beat it to hell. Get something Japanese and economical. Once you're done with school, reward yourself with something nice.
haha love the second paragraph. i found a 99 navy blue honda accord with leather interior in pcola, fl. i'm going next week with my dad to look at it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false