Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

going to the dark side getting a Jeep XJ (cherokee)

Old 09-22-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
Ah yeah that guy
sctrdtaco03 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 44th mxs (Crew Chief)
Name: scott
sctrdtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
going to the dark side getting a Jeep XJ (cherokee)

I am crossing over, kind of. I want a project and my taco I a daily driver so I am getting a 98 Cherokee any suggestions besides running it off a cliff?

I was thinking a 4-6" lift upgrading axles and fabricated bumpers yall know the more notable companies?
Old 09-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
wtacob is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Patrolman
wtacob's Tacoma Gallery
www.rustysoffroad.com and www.naxja.org are good resources. I've owned 2 XJs and got almost everything through Rusty's.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know how that works out for you.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
Ah yeah that guy

so I haven't posted anything on this for a min here is what I found.

Thanks for the NAXJ.org site that had a lot of info. I decided I am going to build a Jeepspeed race jeep since the front suspension will have to be done and I want to get into desert racing thinking the Rubicon Express long arm kit for suspension. With a lot of "frame" bracing and roll cage fabed up by run a dana 44 rear axle from a XJ if I can find one truss the front. will thats the plan anyways see how it pans out.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrdtaco03 View Post
so I haven't posted anything on this for a min here is what I found.

Thanks for the NAXJ.org site that had a lot of info. I decided I am going to build a Jeepspeed race jeep since the front suspension will have to be done and I want to get into desert racing thinking the Rubicon Express long arm kit for suspension. With a lot of "frame" bracing and roll cage fabed up by run a dana 44 rear axle from a XJ if I can find one truss the front. will thats the plan anyways see how it pans out.
XJ's don't have frames. It's a unibody.....
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
Ah yeah that guy

that's why its in quotations

they do have frame rails in a way or more material in the place of frame rails a lot of people add plate steel to these areas and the suspension attach points to strengthen it.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Cherokee's are sweet, you should long arm it and cut the doors off.